Author Topic: Christmas Exchange?  (Read 5959 times)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Christmas Exchange?
« on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:45 pm »
Just wondering will it is going to start?  I know still have a lot of time.....I am just curious.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Christmas Exchange?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:09:49 pm »
It will start soon enough. This post is a great reminder though to everyone that it is never to early to start on a gift. If you start now on a gift, you can work out the details after you find out who the gift is for.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:56:30 am »
I agree Justin.....I like to get the old cogs turning in my head, as to what I may do.

Thanks
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:59:22 am »
I came in late last year, how does this one work??
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 05:36:42 pm »
I would be interested in getting involved! :D

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »
Rick, basically the same as the bow trade. You put your name in a hat and a recipient is drawn for you from the same hat. In this exchange anything handmade is acceptable. Some send bows, some send arrows, some send leatherwork and some home made jelly. As long as it is home made by you it is acceptable!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 05:43:19 pm »
...do a search of last years Christmas Exchange and see what was sent out by everyone.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 09:34:43 pm »
I have a few ideas...I haven't made much in the last 6 months so I'm getting excited to get my hands dirty ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 02:12:44 am »
Rick, basically the same as the bow trade. You put your name in a hat and a recipient is drawn for you from the same hat. In this exchange anything handmade is acceptable. Some send bows, some send arrows, some send leatherwork and some home made jelly. As long as it is home made by you it is acceptable!

Sounds like fun Pat!    Im in when its time!!!   8)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 02:00:27 am »
Yes Sir,

I'd be interested in making something to send out.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 04:25:40 pm »
Anybody remember when we first start taking names and when the cut off usually is? Just wondering, thinking I have an idea of what I'm gonna do but just anxious haha.

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Kpete

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 02:36:00 pm »
I would enjoy such a thing.   I have hung around here for a couple years and never posted anything.  I am impressed with the ingenuity and the willingness of people to help with questions and info.
I would like to be involved in a Christmas exchange.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 04:57:39 pm »
I would also like to get involved... When does it usually start?

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »
Its not up to me but I dont see why not start it now, give people plenty of time to get there gift ready :D I would guess we just need the ok from an admin and someone to volunteer to take names and info?

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 08:53:27 pm »
I'm sure it will be OK to start now. This will be totally the responsibility of those involved and PA will not hold any responsibility or liability. This will only involve the folks that sign up for the Exchange.  I will ask Marie(Calendergirl) to be sure it is OK to use the PA forum as the vehicle for the Christmas Exchange and might even be able to get her to pull the names out of the hat. If someone wants to take this over and get a new thread started to get anyone who wants to get involved listed I will oversee it but don't have the time to keep up on a day to day basis. Someone will have to compile names and keep up with who has sent out and who hasn't recieved and whatever else it takes to get it to work out.  Josh(Elktracker) did a great job with the PA Bow Trade and I'm sure he will give advise to whomever wants to take this over. I don't expect him to volenteer again but appreciate all the work he did on the Bow Trade.
  If I'm not mistaken the only rules are the item you send out has to be made by your hands. Doesn't matter what it is as long as you made it yourself and feel good about sending it to someone else. Doesn't even need to be archery related. Again, just like with the bow trade this IS NOT about what you will get. It is about GIVING!!!
  We had a few folks that were involved in the bow trade that weren't happy with the bow they recieved. If you are worried about this, DO NOT GET INVOLVED!!! You may send out a bow but only get a jar of homemade jelly. Well, Merry Christmas. That is what you recieved.
  I'll see what Marie says and get back with you.