Author Topic: Just saying hello!  (Read 1295 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Just saying hello!
« on: September 02, 2011, 01:49:14 am »
Hi guys wanted to say hello amd I havent forgot about you All just recovering from surgery and soon as I can get back on my feet I will obtain 1some flint and get back into the swing of things!  I missed Letchworth this year lost my wife and my dog... BUT I am happy to be alive!  I look at you guys knapping and its giving me motive to push forward... surgery costed more than some folks homes and I dont have the money...all I can do is laugh...hey guys glad to see some of u and soon as I can get some rock I will be back!  Thanks!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Tower

Re: Just saying hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:03:34 am »
My prayers are with you! Hope you recover fast.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:46 am »
you'll have rock shortly my friend
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:32:13 am »
I got no rock or you could have it,but my thought and prayers are with you. Hope everything works out.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 01:34:17 pm »
We are having a year like that here. My condolences on your losses. We lost my brother in law and his grandaughter in April. Just had a big wildfire started by an RV had lots of friends evacuated.  My wife had three major neck surgeries in four years and I thought she might not come out of two of them.  I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy and strong recovery so you can get back to breakin rocks. Want some obsidian pm me an address. flat rate boxes are great.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 06:10:52 pm »
Well hello Russ :). My sympathies. Time is a healer - it will get better. You need some rocks ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 06:39:13 pm »
I surely appreciate all the comments!  I cant wait to get back!!!  I thank you all!!!

Russ

ps keep up all the good knapping!
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill