Author Topic: My new toy!! (HK45)  (Read 2501 times)

Offline recurve shooter

My new toy!! (HK45)
« on: September 04, 2011, 06:44:32 pm »
I posted a thread a while back asking for advice on what to get. finally ended up going with this, mostly because i love the way it feels in my hand. I absolutely love this gun. The grip is amazing, accuracy, even with the el-cheapo ammo i was shooting, is very very good for an automatic, and for a polymer framed gun, it has some heft to it. double action trigger pull is long and heavy but very smooth, single action isn't quite a 1911, but not bad at all, just a tiny bit of creep and overtravel. The barrel has a rubber o-ring toward the end that contacts the inside of the slide on lockup. the barrel does not move around inside the slide at all. it can be carried cocked and loaded, safety on, but that makes me nervous so i think id rather either a DA trigger pull on the first shot or take the half second to cock the hammer with my thumb.

I'm not a pistol expert so i don't really know what to brag on about it other than that i LOVE it.

strange things about it:

it has an internal lock. little key fits into a deal inside the mag well and completely locks the weapon. slide cant work, hammer, trigger, nothing can move. i find that interesting.

also, and this one makes me kinda curious. it has a little electronic something in the grip under the replacable backstrap. uh....why does my pistol need a little computer thing in it?

if anyone knows anything about the computer chip thing or has any questions, go for it! love talking about it lol

p.s. cant get pics from photobucket to work. is there something different about the way the site is now?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:48:48 pm by recurve shooter »
lets just shoot it

Offline jeffhalfrack

Re: My new toy!! (HK45)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:37:31 pm »
     Great   choice,,,,great  cal.   I'm  glad  you  went  .45,,,,,,I'll  work  on  you  to  go   to  a  .45lc  single action  next!,,,,   but  I  love  any cal.   starting w\.4   good   luck   JeffW

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 10:54:14 am »
I wish I could afford and H&K.  Real nice weapon.  Is it your concealed carry?
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:18:34 am »
i like the 45 a lot. it just feels so much more serious than a 9mm.  ;D

txbandit, no, not a concealed carry, im not old enough to carry yet. when i am i plan to carry it durring the winter when i can wear enough clothes to cover the big thing.

i realy wish they would have done a better job with the sights. you would think an eleven hundred dollar gun would come with tritium sights, but the hk comes with plastic 3 dot glow sights. they are bright, but they have to be recharged with a light source. dont realy care for that. i want to get adjustable tritiums for it some day.
lets just shoot it

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 11:35:12 am »
Yeah, I have a springfield XD .45 cal that I carry just about everywhere I go.  I did want to get the tritum sights for it but I have my mind set on a CTC laser grip for it.  I figure that if I can see the target and put the beam on it, thats just as good.  Plus there is a psycological factor with a laser.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 12:32:46 am »
i realy like those springfields. nearly pulled all my hair out tryin to decide between the hk45 and a springfield XDm. those are fine guns!
lets just shoot it