Author Topic: '81 Suzuki GS1100  (Read 2498 times)

Offline hatcha

'81 Suzuki GS1100
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:53:54 pm »
I'm being given a GS1100 as a restoration project from a friend.  Before he got it several years ago, it'd been lying up for years on it's side stand and the lowest part of the fuel tank rotted a little.  My friend gave it to someone to repair but he said he wasn't 100% sure he could do it but would try.  There was never any rush on it anyway.  Until now...

My friend has tried to contact the welder dude but he's moved to Cork somewhere and no-one seems to know exactly where OR have any contact details/numbers for him.  Basically, I'm writing off the tank as "lost".

As this bike is an American import (still on American papers but will be free for me to register in Ireland, due to it's age) I'm asking the biking fraternity on here if they know of any decent breakers yards that might have a suitable tank they could sell and ship to me?  Even if anyone knows of someone that could make up a custom tank that would fit and look good on the bike??  I plan on doing my own paint job on the bike anyway cos it's in need of a fair bit of lovin' after lying up for so long :)

I'd very much appreciate ANY details that anyone here could offer me...

Thanks and regards,

Steve.

Offline Stoker

Re: '81 Suzuki GS1100
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 12:43:34 pm »
Edmonton motorcycle salvage Edmonton Ab. Ca. Check them online They'll ship Ebay has them from $10 to $350. Those old GS motors were just about bulletproof.Like to see pics as you go along
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline hatcha

Re: '81 Suzuki GS1100
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:41:46 pm »
Thanks guys.  Found one on fleabay yesterday and spoke to the chap on the phone and he's getting a quote to ship it via post to me.  Always good to have options though, so I've just sent an email to recyclemotors (I think that's the crowd in Edmonton??) so we'll see if they have anything for me :D

It's the bigger of the two bikes, closest to the wall (the one without a tank :p)  It's still in my friend's place so when I eventually get it to mine, I'll take better pic's.