Author Topic: You ever do something really dumb???  (Read 3702 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
You ever do something really dumb???
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:01:15 pm »
 I do unfortuanatly and too often it seems :-\

I gave some rock away. The gent sent me the mailing cost via paypal and I sent him the rock.  Only problem was that I sent it to Oklahoma and he now lived Georgia...  :-\ :-\

No telling if that box will get there, but it just might someday.. Anyway I sent another box and should be there today... So when you send packages out make sure you know what state they live in  8)

Oscar Wilde in his play, The Importance of being Earnest, wrote, "No good deed goes unpunished..." 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: You ever do something really dumb???
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »
Dang, that stinks bud...sure glad I'm not the guy in Georgia though  8)

I do dumb things all the time but my worst flaw is probably my procrastination, which I am trying hard as hell to correct, especially when it comes to swaps/trades/etc as I always seem to think I will mail the stuff out "tomorrow" and then its 4-5 days later that I realize I still haven't followed through  :-[

If I were you though I think I would still keep being the nice guy you are  ;D
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 03:16:07 pm »
Dog Gone It... Sorry to hear that.

But that's some good Karma for you to send more rock to GA...
Maybe the Rock you sent to OK will come back to ya.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:08:35 pm »
It did stink, but the gent said not to worry about it.. and when he gets the other box will pay the mailing cost so nothing is lost, but maybe a little pride   ;D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:43:28 pm »
 Nope! Not me. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 02:38:19 am »
Almost,,,,,once,,,,but I was young,dum,full of,,,almost    :o
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »
Im with Eddie!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 08:46:56 pm »
Dang, that stinks bud...sure glad I'm not the guy in Georgia though  8)

I do dumb things all the time but my worst flaw is probably my procrastination, which I am trying hard as hell to correct, especially when it comes to swaps/trades/etc as I always seem to think I will mail the stuff out "tomorrow" and then its 4-5 days later that I realize I still haven't followed through  :-[

If I were you though I think I would still keep being the nice guy you are  ;D
same with me, i also have that problem with projects in school, dangerous habit :o
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »
Done something dumb?  Me?  Never.  Not counting the time I slipped with a pocket knife and severed my thumb at the joint and then just taped it up for a week.  When I took off the bandage and realized that I could bend it down but it would not bend back up only THEN did I seek medical help.  Turns out there was a little tiny sliver of tendon on the one edge left.  The vet...I mean DOCTOR...told me that I could get into surgery that same day and have a 50/50 chance of fixing it or tape it up and not bend it for 90 days.  I asked the odds on the easy fix and he told me 50/50. 

Guess which one ol' Mr. Scairt O'Needles chose?  Lucky bugger has a thumb that works fine, hehe.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dane

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 10:09:49 am »
A few times only. One of (but not the dumbest thing) I've done was when I was in the Army, and we were at the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, a vast desert training post near Death Valley. I had to haul my 5-ton truck's battery up a long hill to the maintenance section, and rested the battery against my lap as I slogged up the hill, as the battery was a really heavy sucker.

I went back to the truck and took a nap in the cab. When I work up, I looked down and the lap down mid thiegh and part of the blouse of the jungle fatiques I was wearing had completely dissolved. It took me a few minutes to figure out what had happend.
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 02:03:01 pm »
Yes Sir,

Too Many to list... I am an alumni of the "School of The Hard Way".

Just one short episode:
While cutting a hole in the inner door panel on my "71" VW Bug years ago.
I stabbed my Puma General pocket knife completely through my left hand beside the primary joint of my index finger. It happened so fast and the blade was so sharp that it really did not hurt at first. But I was quite shocked at seeing two inches of blade sticking out of the top of my left hand. After carefully withdrawing the blade, I wrapped it up and finished the install. All be it a little wiser and a bit slower.

Sometimes the Lord smiles on the foolish.
I have no lasting difficulties with that part of my hand.
Though it is one part of me that protests at the approach of an oncoming cold front. :)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline WolfPupTee

• You don't understand what I'm doing, but I do.
    • The Artis Den
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 02:18:09 pm »
Yes I have. I was cropping a limb off of a maple tree and lost my grip on the handle of my machete and to prevent it from falling I tried to grab it by the blade and sliced the inside of my hand.  :laugh:  I was so worried about the blade being ruined by the fall. I continued with that bloody hand. Good times!
Plays With Bow and Arrow

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 02:23:58 pm »
I wonder if the unknown recipient in oklahoma will open it and wonder why ther is rocks in a box  that sux cip but atlest it wasn't a bow or something equivalent
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Badger

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 06:40:19 pm »
   I just did something dumb this weekend, took my girlfriend on a fishing trip. She doesn't like cold, she doesn't like hot, she doesn't like the smell of fish or bait. She doesn't like waiting for a bite, doesn't like climbing around on rocks etc etc etc, but loves fishing?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 11:06:22 pm »
Hey Badger, that proves she's really a woman.

Don't tell her I said that, PLEASE!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.