Author Topic: flaw in RI regulations  (Read 1762 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
flaw in RI regulations
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:09:08 am »
i was curious so i was looking at the regulations for bow weight for dear and, it needs to be 40 at peak weight, which means i could have a 1inch draw and if it were 40lbs at that point it would be legal :o, thats not right ???
anyone else see any weird regualtions
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: flaw in RI regulations
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:35:39 pm »
 Does it really matter? ::) A lot of laws that are written, no matter how stupid are still up to the disgression of the person enforcing those laws. Any dumb bass that uses those rules doesn't know anything about bow hunting and probably will not stand a chance in H,,, of seeing anything, anyway. A 40# bow pulled 1" isn't going very far ??? ::)

I ask this question down here a few times a year when I'm questioned about my hunting gear; "Have you ever been stopped in the woods while hunting and had a WildLife Officer ever measure your broadheads or stone points, or pull a scale out of his pocket and weigh your bow"?

I don't know about where you guys live but, down here a Wildlife Officer will damn near ask for your autograph and pose for pictures if you check an animal in with Primitive gear. I've given some of them my arrows to put in their office, and not one said a thing about hunt with a point that wasn't exactly 7/8" wide.

You'll see a few Game Officers if you keep hunting that will not know all the rules in that 3" book. My best friend here is an Agriculture Deputy with the Sheriffs Dept., Google (Grady Judd), the sheriff deputies have a lot of power here, anyway he was writing tickets to people for hunting rabbits out of season, till I told him there is no season in Florida.. So, when in doubt, SMILE and show him your cool stuff. ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:33:50 am by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: flaw in RI regulations
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:14:56 am »
Yep there are some dumb ones here in TN. also,I usually just mind my own business and stay out of sight and out of mind. One here that really bugs me is you have to wear Orange if you are Deer hunting but if you are hunting squirrels in the same wood at the same time you don't  ,now you tell me who is most likely to get shot,a guy in a tree or a guy slipping around in the wood looking for squirrels,I know I know  ;D ;D ;D some slip around hunting deer also but you get my point. Dumb very dumb. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good