Author Topic: Website time setting?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline frankg

Website time setting?
« on: September 13, 2011, 05:17:05 pm »
Ive noticed that the time that appears on posts are showing 20 minutes time stamp behind actual time . Like the sites clock is running 20 minutes slow. I have my settings on profile set on auto detect . Should I have it on something else? Just curious .
South of Klamath Falls OR , North of Calif border .

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Website time setting?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:26:13 pm »
I've noticed that for years but never bothered to find out why.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 09:27:12 pm »
The clock settings are in the programming so there isn't much we can do about the clock. SMF just has some bugs. For me it is off by 1 hour 20 minutes. It bugged me enough that I fixed mine. It might already have a time offset that is wrong also. You can fix it on your individual profile though.

Go to profile, modify profile, look and layout there you will see a time offset field. If you are 20 minutes behind you need to enter .333 in the box then hit change profile at the bottom. If you are 20 minutes ahead you would enter -.333. You can adjust it a little one way or the other, then watch the clock up by your name to see if it is correct.

If you can't get it fixed and it really bugs you, let me know and I will try to fix it for you.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline frankg

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:02:47 am »
Thanks ! I got it by playin with it a little and ended up -2.6 and its within a minute or two . Close nuff .
South of Klamath Falls OR , North of Calif border .