Author Topic: Needin' some help!!!!  (Read 6168 times)

Offline Stonedog

Needin' some help!!!!
« on: July 06, 2007, 10:02:03 am »
All-

I need help and I have a favor to ask someone out here in our world...and its a bit odd to say the least.....

This monday I began a new job.....and I am also relocating about 100 miles north of where I currently live.....so I am dividing my time between the office and my family....with little or no time to make bows!!!!

But.....I still need a new bow for this fall.....and due to what my wife and the realtor needed me to do, I have had to pack up almost my entire shop.....all I was really able to keep were my files for knife making and I had to beg to keep those! LOL!

Here is where I need some help.

I have a stave glued up.....hickory back, ipe core and maple handle piece. I was going to make it into an "ELB" design hunting bow, sans the horn nocks. I want the "D" cross section mind like like a "warbow" or ELB.

Is there anyone out here in the USA that would tiller this bow for me to 60#ish at 24"? My draw is 25"....so with final sanding and finish it should come into 60# and my draw length nicely!

I can rough out the stave, finish it and shoot it in no problem....I just don't have the facilities or time (I am either mowing or playing with my kids after 12 hours days!) to tiller a bow properly!

I have a shoulder of veg tanned  z bull hide that I would send along as payment for the tillering....and I would obviously pay shipping both ways.....

HELP! I need a bow to hunt with this fall!!!!!!
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying