Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE 2011!!!!!  (Read 92598 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE SIGN UP!
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2011, 07:19:16 pm »
I'd really like to participate but when is the completion deadline?  I guess it probably doesn't matter since some folks are still making their bows for the Bow Swap and that deadline was July 4th  ::) :o >:D

OK, I'm in...

If it's a bow my stats are 28" @ 55lbs but I'll be tickled to death with anything make with pride.

Dont be a booger Coco Puffs.... Doesnt matter if the water is cold.. Just jump on in 8)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline John K

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2011, 10:04:45 pm »
I'm in didn't get into it last year, had to much other stuff going on. If we find out our reciepent the first week of October that gives me plenty of time ! Will only ship U.S.

I would assume the deadline to have your gift delivered by would be December 25th  :D

I'm right handed and love anything primitive   :)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 10:18:48 pm »
Just in case,,,my bow specs,,,,45# @ 28"  and I like anything that cuts,shoots,taste good,blows up, makes fire or keeps me warm !!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2011, 12:17:26 am »
I'm in again. ;D US only please :(
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2011, 12:46:24 am »
I'm in!

I think I may be forced to stay within the U.S. as most of my handmade stuff these days have animal products attached. I tried to work with CITES after attempting a trade with medicinewheel and they simply forbid some of the things (certain snake skins) or cost too much for the permits of other animal products.

I suppose, for the record, I'll state that I'm right handed and draw anywhere from 28"-30", but I will be thrilled and honored by anything someone makes for me with their own hands.

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:27 pm »
Count me in again.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »
im in and snakeman is in too.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

youngbowyer

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »
do you have to make a bow or could it be something like a set of arrows?

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2011, 11:21:50 pm »
do you have to make a bow or could it be something like a set of arrows?

Actually I think it is 2 bows, 1 quiver and a nice even dozen of matched arrows with handmade stone points.... >:D ::)
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline cracker

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2011, 11:12:37 am »
Come on  Lee don't scare the guy off it can be anything from a bow to a jar of jam as long as you made it with you're own two hands.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2011, 01:26:57 pm »
In the past the completion/and shipped out date was Jan 15.  That gave people who had time off around the holidays time to finish up and ship it out.  What do you all think about that time frame?  Some people like sending it off and/or receiving it by Dec 25/Jan1.  So any of those dates are up.  I think in the past we thought that extra 2 weeks helped.  But that means some won't get their gift until end of Jan early Feb. 
thoughts?
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline John K

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2011, 01:33:23 pm »
I'm going to ship my gift so my person has it by Christmas, thats 2 months very doable for everyone, i would think  :-\  :)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »
I would like John K to get my name please.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2011, 02:25:31 pm »
To be on the safe side I think the Jan. 15 date is good. Trying to ship between Christmas and New Year could be rediculous. Getting your gift out before Christmas would be ideal but I think we need a "not before" date also...say Dec. 1 or Dec. 15. just so it does feel like a Christmas gift and not just something you give or get.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2011, 02:36:05 pm »
You could mark the package, Do not Open Till Christmas  ;)
To be on the safe side I think the Jan. 15 date is good. Trying to ship between Christmas and New Year could be rediculous. Getting your gift out before Christmas would be ideal but I think we need a "not before" date also...say Dec. 1 or Dec. 15. just so it does feel like a Christmas gift and not just something you give or get.