Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

Steve Moore (YewArcher)'s June Self Bow of the Month

(1/4) > >>

OldBow:
Yew Archer's (Steve Moore of Roseville, Michigan) Acumawi Replica
Readily Deserved Winning June Self Bow of the Month
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,2705.0.htmlHere is a review of the specs about this bow:
Yew Heartwood sinew backed with 3 courses  Holds 1.5" of reflex just unstrung and about 2.5" rested.
lenght: 44" n to n Overall: 46" Width: 1 3/4" at mid llimb 1 9/16 at center, tips are 7/8" 45#@25:
As many of you who have known me for awile now know. I have been working towards this bow for a long time. Starting with osage to get the feel for the design and the bow I have finnaly moved to using the true wood for this design which is heart wood yew. I am very happy with the final outcome of this bow and have labeled it as my own shooter. I end up giving most of my bows away but not this one! It will be my hunting bow for next year. I am awaiting my otter pelt to make a quiver for this set up as well.
This is truly a primitive and masterfully made bow. Here is only a sample of the praise for this bow:-:
"It looks like an incredible bow to me.  The finish is beautiful.  I don't know why you would want to draw it to 28" if you can shoot it at 25."-  Justin
-Wow, that is really a cool bow, I just love it!"-Gordon
-"Yew Archer, Thats a beauty, and a great looking full draw photo as well. You should be proud, any Achumawi would love to shoot that!" -Rich
-"awesome.  it doesn't get any better than that" -Dustybaer

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pat B:
Excellent little reproduction and worthy of BOM.    Pat.

Hillbilly:
Congratulations for a well-deserved win. That's an extremely well-made reproduction- tiller, artwork, craftsmanship, the whole package is great. Looks like you went back in time and snatched it from the hands of an Achumawi warrior.

koan:
Congrats.! Well deserved win.....Brian

AndrewS:
A GREAT BOW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version