Author Topic: Cherokee Tiger, Bow  (Read 18489 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Cherokee Tiger, Bow
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 12:04:44 pm »
Looks great Pat, the side nocks are very slick. Perhaps Joe and Linda could provide a picture of lucky winner?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 12:11:48 pm »
Dana, I'll see if I can get a pic to post here in a few weeks.  Thanks for the comments. The side nocke are so simple and work very well. On another bow like this I built I placed the side nocks to help correct prop twist through out the bow.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DCM

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 02:26:22 pm »
Nice as usual Pat.

I wondered about limb twist on the side nock thing.  I guess it's a matter of having the depth of one nock center or nearly center the limb.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 03:07:18 pm »
Wow- so simple, yet extremely appealing ;D!

duffontap

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 03:17:20 pm »
Man Pat, You can tiller a bow.  Very nice indeed. 

J. D.

Offline welch2

• redneck heathen
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 03:50:57 pm »
Pretty bow ,I agree giving bows ta kids is a great thing .      So are the the side nocks on opposite sides?

Ralph

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 04:20:01 pm »
Yes Ralph. The side nocks are on the opposit sides.  David. You don't get much adjustment with the side nocks but being opposit each other and if the twist is considered before you locate the nocks, some untwisting occurs. Plus by being on opposit sides the string always crosses the handle. Kegan, That's what I find so appealing about these bows, simplicity!
  Thanks Josh but after seeing your last bow and BOM I could learn a few lessons from you.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 06:41:28 pm »
What a great donation!  Very nicely tillered, of course! Bookmarked for July Self Bow of the Month, naturally!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 08:02:04 pm »
Really nice bow Pat, I like that simple disign too...though I'd argue with most that say they are easier to tiller....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

a finnish native

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 09:16:17 pm »
good lookin' basic bow. them simple D bows are nice to make.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 09:29:30 pm »
Santuu, They shoot surprisingly well for such a simple design. This was a basic style for the Native Americans in the Southeastern US. They even built 68" heavy war bows of the same style. Most were made with hickory, ash, elm and locust and probably other hardwoods.     Pat

bowstick

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 11:45:22 pm »
Nice bow! 

What exactly is the tiger stripe pattern?? Like a cloth?  Do you glue it to the bow?

Thanks

Justin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 12:30:26 am »
Justin, The tiger stripe material is animal print tissue paper glued with watered down Elmer's white glue. The tissue paper is very thin and tears easily when wet so getting it to lay flat is difficult. Pat

Offline heavybow

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 07:25:35 am »
Pat thats a nice looking bow. marlon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 09:23:02 am »
Thanks Marlon. Just trying something different and I think it worked. ;D    Pat