Author Topic: Cherokee Tiger, Bow  (Read 18472 times)

Offline Don Wilson

Re: Cherokee Tiger, Bow
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 03:53:47 pm »
Hello PatB, That's a cool looking bow. Skyler is building a bow for his cousin, who is female, and we think this would look great and she would love the print on the limbs. Could you go into a little more detail for us?????THX Skyler and Don ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2007, 04:19:35 pm »
Don and Skyler, The print is animal print tissue paper my wife ordered from her art supply house. You may be able to get it locally from Ben Franklin's or Michael's , both craft and art supply stores. If you can't find any I can send you some.
   The easiest way that I found to deal with the tissue paper is to cut it into pieces about 8" -10" long. Cut along a stripe so you can blend and conceal the overlap when applier. I used watered down Elmers glue, size the bow and lay down a piece of the tissue. Once wet, the tissue tears real easily so you have to put it down carefully the first time and not try to move it. I have found that you will have to live with some wrinkles. Practice of something else to get the hang before you apply it to your bow.  After it has dried, I covered the whole back with a thin layer of TBIII then when it dried, I added Tru-Oil over that.
If you have any more questions, please let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.   Pat

Way to "Pass it on" Skyler. I'm sure your cousin will love it and you for your generosity! Good for you! ;D
   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

SimonUK

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2007, 07:19:12 pm »
Love that bow Pat. You're right , the simple ones are often the most appealing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 12:43:38 am »
You're absolutely right Simon...but the tiger stripes don't hurt! ;D  You know, I find myself looking farther back to see how simple, but still effective, I can go. Kinda reverse evolution. ::)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline snedeker

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2007, 10:30:46 am »
nice one Pat.  I'll have to try those side nocks somtime.

Dave

Dustybaer

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 04:38:08 am »
absolutely gorgeous.  your finishes are getting more creative with every bow.  pretty innovative for a redneck  ;D

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 11:19:53 am »
Excellent bow. Love that classic bend in the handle tiller. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 12:26:13 pm »
Very nice bow Pat, I think I'm gonna try the side nock style on my next bow, I like it.
VB