Author Topic: Still unable to post pics. And it's not working again!  (Read 6978 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Still unable to post pics. And it's not working again!
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »
I have been able to link several photos in Photobucket to other forums lately, but in here it is one thing after another that does not work right.

I was able to get the IMG code to transfer to the Dialogue box under "Attachments and other options" yesterday, but then the "Post" button would no longer work, nor would the Preview button.

Today I can copy the IMG code but the Dialogue box under "Attachments and other options" does not work.  I even tried to type it in manually, but it was locked out and would not accept anything.  I tried putting something, anything in the box for attachments even on this post and it isn't working under this post either.   I do not claim to be a great and deft hand at computers, but I have a passing understanding of them, what could I be doing wrong?

This is why I have posted only one or two photos in all the years I have been on this forum, I was never able to make it work before and now with the newer format it's just as bad.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:00:12 pm by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Still unable to post pics.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:13:59 pm »
John, paste it after what you've written. I double hit "ENTER" then paste right there.

paste here!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Still unable to post pics.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:47:36 pm »
First two attempts kicked my log-in out and told me I was not allowed to post in here!  Third time it worked.  Posted a little pic in Around the Campfire of a recent visitor.

Thanks Pat!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Still unable to post pics. FINALLY able to post pics
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 01:27:56 am »
I saw him. He was cute!!!   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Still unable to post pics. And it's not working again!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:42 pm »
Well, it was fun while it lasted, but I can't post pics again!

I can copy the pic from my photobook account and even paste it on new folders on my desktop, old folders on my desktop, or into Word documents.  However, in no way shape of form will it allow me to paste anything into/onto/under/around anything I post here in the PA Forum. 

I double checked that the images are no larger than 640 by 480 and less than 200 Kb. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 12:58:39 am »
John, contact Marie(Calendergirl) or Justin and see if they can't help. Both of them are way more computer savy than me.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 03:18:39 pm »
Thanks, Pat.  I appreciate how you are patiently dealing with a ham handed primitive that thinks maybe I could just try a bigger club!

I'm at another computer today and will first see if it works from this terminal instead of the usual one I use. 

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:44 pm »
The way I do it, with photobucket, is I copy the direct link to the image at photobucket then click on the "insert image" icon here then go up and click on edit and paste.  Works every time and does not affect any other function.

Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:18 pm »
I think I finally know how to fix the problem, but it is going to take me a few days to fix it.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah