Author Topic: what am i doing(or not)  (Read 2316 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
what am i doing(or not)
« on: September 25, 2011, 02:24:47 am »
Picked up the stick after a busy week I feel that my form and draw are the same as before but now I am WAY left,  I mean way left, shooting at a layerd target and clean missing the target at least 12"  meaning that I am now close to two feet left of where I ha e been. From a distance of 15 yards, any thoughts?
          Thanks. Thad
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline crooketarrow

Re: what am i doing(or not)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:28:48 pm »
  Kinda hard to figger it nothings changed. If your shooting just one arrow it could have warped. Dose this happen with all your arrows. Even then it have to be exstream to shot that off. Maybe a limb stwisted but again it would'nt cause you to shoot that far left. Has to be in your release maybe your rolling the string. Or if you've changed arrows and the ones your shootings way under spine.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Kpete

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:49:26 pm »

When I get "left-itus" I usually check and see if I am over using my bow arm and not maintaining tension with my drawing arm. Or possibly a little creeping with your drawing fingers.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 11:58:27 pm »
Aim more to the right. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 06:18:16 am »
Thanks mullet ill try that  ???
I've checked the arrows and I will go over my form and try agan thanks for the input!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:43:19 am »
Seriously, :D I had the same problem with my Horn bow. I ended up canting the bow a little in the direction I wanted the arrow to go and walked it right in.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 05:07:22 am »
Man I think I lost my mojo  :-\ hope I don't have to go back to the wheels  :-X practice, practice, practice! Cross your fingers

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 07:26:52 am »
Was too much was going on in your head for you to concentrate.  Was there a serious crosswind?  Sometimes, especially with big feathers, crosswinds can be a real problem.  Other things that make you shoot left (as a right hander)...too stiff arrows, short draw, point came off arrow, bow lost draw weight, changed anchor point, bow arm form problems.

Try a different bow (and arrows) and see if the problem persists.  If so, move closer and go back to the basics.  If not, check your bow closely for changes.  I also solve minor windage problems with bow cant.

Good luck.  Remember that your confidence is paramount.  Work hard to get it back now.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 07:30:42 am »
Thanks again for the help! I was waiting for my take down limb to cool ( heat bending) and thought I would work on my shooting problem ...it seams to have went away @ 10 yards (heat at least for now) don't know what is different, but I hope it stays this way ;)

Offline PeteC

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 11:19:59 am »
Soy,when this happens to me,(arrows hitting left),I check 2 things first. (1),am I over-drawing, by pulling my drawing forearm past alignment of my arrow,and (2),how is my release. Am I getting a good hook,and, am I just relaxing my fingers,versus trying to snap them open,which in my case ,the string can hang on my fingers,and foul the shot. Think  about these if it comes back to haunt you again. God bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas