Author Topic: A how to video for tuning  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
A how to video for tuning
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »
There are always threads on the internet asking for help tuning.  Here is a little video I made to help folks out.  There are many ways. This is 'a' way.  Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOklaPN44TM

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: A how to video for tuning
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:28 am »
Nice video Jimmy. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 02:30:28 pm »
Two additional points have been raised on other sites that I think would be worthy of addressing.

1. - When you are happy with the tuning you should certainly shoot your broadheads.  I have heard people talk about flight problems with broadheads - broadhead steering the arrow - etc. but I have personlly not had too many problems.  I think if you get the tuning really good then it will significantly reduce any issues you may have.  I am very anal in the process.  I would weigh my broadheads.  Don't trust the box.  I have had BHs that were 15-20 gr. heavy or light and that will certainly make a difference.

2 - Fine tuning.  It was suggested that I make a video about how I tune for target shooting.  I may do that in the future but for now I'll say that I am constantly tweaking my bow to keep it tuned.  I keep a card with brace height, nocking point height, tiller measurements, etc.  I keep a bow square in my quiver and every day I check those measurements.  As I shoot I frequently give the string one twist or the plunger a click.  Once you have your form to a point that you are repeating every shot very close you will be able to make very small adjustments to the bow that will enable you to fine tune the bow.  Don't view tuning as something you do when you get a bow and arrows and then it's done.  View it as a continual process.  Best of luck.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:34:40 pm »
 Jimmy, I moved it here, thought it would get more activity.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 01:31:44 am »
Cool video Jimmy and very informative.   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline okie64

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 02:15:20 am »
Nice video Jimmy. Never seen that string trick before, might have to give that a try.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:07:40 am »
Cool video :D great shooting(little envious )most importantly you need to change the batterys in your smoke alarm!  ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

FAW

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 03:01:27 pm »
Thanks, RangerB. Great video - always good to learn no matter what age.

Offline nyarrow

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:14 am »
Great post. I learned a great deal from it. I will certainly try the string / tuning method.