Author Topic: Archery in and around American Fork, Utah  (Read 7874 times)

sbartels

Archery in and around American Fork, Utah
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:19:54 pm »
It looks as if I will be given the task of accompanying an exchange group of German students, comparable to high school students, to American Fork UT next year around Easter.

Believe it or not this will be the first time I spend time in the land that gave us Ishi, Pope, the Thompsons etc. etc. etc.
Most of the time I will be on nuty, of course, but there may be one or two days off, when the young people are away with their guest families.

I can't bring a bow, not under these geopolitical conditions, but perhaps I can hire one, lend one, whatever.
Any archers from this area here? Does anybody know a shop, indoor or outdoor archery facility?

I don't want to leave the US without launching a few arrows in the honor of all that is good about it!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Archery in and around American Fork, Utah
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 04:52:30 pm »
That is right in Dan Perry's back yard.  Send him a PM. Who knows, you might get to meat an incredible bowyer and shoot one of his incredible bows.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

sbartels

Re: Archery in and around American Fork, Utah
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 06:51:16 pm »
Thanks - maybe he reads it of his own accord - wouldn't want to pester him.
I translated the section on Perry Reflex in the TBB and it was tough, but now I finally THINK I understand how it works...  ;D