Author Topic: best movie archery scenes  (Read 16172 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
best movie archery scenes
« on: October 12, 2011, 04:22:38 pm »
i was wondering what movie everyone thought had the best scenes as far as archery goes
i personally would have to say lord of the rings, but robin hood is a close second
what does everyone else think
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: best movie archery scenes
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:38:19 pm »
If you are referring to the Kevin Cost-more Robin Hood film, I will have to disrespectfully disagree!  But if it is the Errol Flynn version, you got a valid point.  Of course, as most of us know, that was Howard Hill making the shots in the Flynn version. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 05:52:37 pm »
Not an archery scene, but I love the ending of Last of the Mohicans.  I started on a couple of those warclubs this spring.  I hope to finish them this winter.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 06:56:30 pm »
I like the shooting demonstration in James Clavell's Shogun mini series.
Where the seated samuri fires three quick arrows from inside the house through paper pane in the door
leaving a single hole in the paper and the arrows in a tight group in the gate post out in the yard.
Blackthorne (the current resident of the house) is so impressed that he decides to leave the arrows in the post in memory of the event.

The Lord of the Rings is good to.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 07:19:10 pm »
Deliverance.  ;)
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:06 am »
Jonathan you are a sick man :o
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 10:42:03 am »
Ha! ;D
1’—>1’

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 06:15:05 pm »
Better than half the time I am in here reading posts I can hear banjo music in the background.  I just check my broadheads and keep paddlin'.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 06:59:21 pm »
Now I'm gonna have "Dueling Banjos" stuck in my head the rest of the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Bohunter0908

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:07 pm »
Robin hood with Russel Crow has good archery scenes and the book of Eli has pretty good one as
Specially since I don't like cats much here kitty kitty  >:D or buzzards
Take a kid hunting today and you won't
Have to hunt for the kid tomorrow

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 12:20:38 am »
 I liked the scenes in the Last Samurai when the son was holding off all the Imperial soldiers with guns while Tom Cruise's character escaped with the Daimyo, and when the guy driving the wagon with Costner in chains got drilled through the chest with an arrow in Dances with wolves.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 12:47:19 am »
I liked the scenes in the Last Samurai when the son was holding off all the Imperial soldiers with guns while Tom Cruise's character escaped with the Daimyo, and when the guy driving the wagon with Costner in chains got drilled through the chest with an arrow in Dances with wolves.

Agree.

Offline cracker

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 08:46:54 am »
I saw this movie about cannibals I can't remember the name they were chasing one guy through the woods and one of the cannibals had a crude looking home made bow with arrows that were just as crude lookikng he fired one of the arrows at the guy he was chasing and the arrow was porpoising wildly but he still hit the guy dead center between the shoulder blades and you could see the stone point sticking out his chest and before he fell the cannibal hit him with another arrow with same results. Didn't care for the movie as a whole but the archery scene was OK. Ron
P.S. Do I hear banjo music in the background.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 09:48:35 am »
No one votes for Rambo?! ::) ;D
Actually, the last one was cool where they showed him bowfishing. 
1’—>1’

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 02:22:55 pm »

How about the scene where the Native American keeps riding around and around the guy lying on the ground shooting arrow after arrow into him?  Fish-in-a-barrel combined with fish-outa-water kinda shooting!  As a side note, the agony of the guy on the ground wasn't faked.  They just happened to have picked a spot where there was a red ant nest.  He was getting his entire backside munched all thru the filming!  Sheesh, method actors!