Author Topic: best movie archery scenes  (Read 16168 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: best movie archery scenes
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 03:16:38 pm »
O my, I'd rather have 10 fire ant stings than 1 red ant.  And, it usually works about that way too.  I hate ants down here.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline bubby

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:54 pm »
I like the scene in Apocalipto where they turn the guys loose, then start taking shots at 'em, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »
Definitely King Arthur with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley. When the Saxons are chasing them and they get to the frozen lake and stop. The Saxon archer tries to hit the knights but his arrow falls way short.  The knights pull out their bows and start dropping people. Nothing like a half dozen guys with bows holding off a couple hundred with swords.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Dane

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 11:26:04 pm »
I can think of a few, Noel.

Hero - fantastic, beautiful movie. Some impressive mass archery scenes.
Diary of the Dead - the professor zaps a zombie kid and pins him to the wall. Always satisfying.
Predator - Arnold builds a panda bow.
Daybreakers - tons of archery, mostly crossbows to kill vampires and for vampires to capture humans to use as food.
The Lost Boys - I think there was some archery in the original movie. You see bows occassionally in some of the direct to video sequels.
The second installment of Underworld (can't recall the name, but Kate Beckinridge is in them, and that alone is worth watching for. :) )
Van Hellsing (sp?). A kind of fantasy repeating crossbow. Dumb but fun, and Kate Beckinridge is in this movie too.
Lord of the Rings - varous archery throughout the three films.
Rambo II - Rambo zaps this evil NV officer with an exploding arrow. Boom.
Road Warrior - lots of punk mauraders and punk good guys with bows of various designs.
The Hunt - a small budget horror movie. Compounds, but the hungry, deadly aliens are fun.
Archery in the Resident Evil set in the desert around Las Vegas. Alice zaps a zombie nicely with a small crossbow.

Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 11:45:54 pm »
 And don't forget 300, when the sky turns dark with arrows and the Spartans hide under their shields.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bryce H

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 09:29:49 am »
Not one mention of the buffalo hunt in Dances With Wolves, yet? By far my favorite...

Offline Bryce H

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 09:31:14 am »
Braveheart's got some awesome ones, too. As well as all the previously mentioned.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 01:14:34 pm »
Apocalypto was very good with a lot of primitive weapons and bows.  The Chronicles of Narnia hasa good bit of archery also.  I to liked The Last Samurai.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Hawkeye1974

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 02:00:34 pm »
Rambo II
Hero
the old Robin Hood movies with Errol Fynn.
If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 02:53:15 pm »
 Or the Space buffalo hunt in Avatar. Identical to Dances With Wolves but cooler.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Gotcher_7

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 12:54:06 am »
Ants remind me of ant man and it is a good movie. I didn’t watch the second part though but I am planning to do so because I have exhausted all the shows by Andy Yeatman available on Netflix. I don’t know why he left working with Netflix. The new content is boring.

Online ksnow

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 04:48:50 am »
It's a kid's movie, but Brave is pretty darn good. Also War of Arrows, especially if you are into eastern archery. I like realistic archery in movies.

Kyle

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 08:23:52 am »
Just saw The Revenant on TV last night. Some good NA bows and arrows doin' their stuff.
Really made you fee how you wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of an NA arrow!
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline JEB

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 08:38:25 pm »
Del, I thought someone that posts on here made all the bows and arrows  for the movie Revenant

Offline slowbowjoe

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2019, 06:47:48 pm »
A little late to the game here, but... I also think that scene in The Last Samurai is outstanding. The King Arthur movie with Kiera Knightley had a couple of good archery scenes. On a more recent note, and not quite a movie perhaps, but there were some good scenes thru the Game of Thrones series. In particular, when Theon and his band raided a guarded ship to rescue his sister.