Author Topic: New Arrow  (Read 5551 times)

Offline Loki

New Arrow
« on: July 15, 2007, 04:08:16 pm »
Made this one up whilst i wait for my Horn and heads to arrive for the rest of the set,
3/8 Ash shaft.
32" long.
7.5" Autumn Brown Turkey fletch.
Red Guttermans stitch whipping,i'm still struggling with uniformity on the whipping  ;D.
Type 1 drop forged head.

Thanks for looking,
Andy
Durham,England

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: New Arrow
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 04:15:47 pm »
  That's a cool looking arrow Andy.I bet one of those bodkins would go clean through a big boar shield ::)I know what you mean about the stitching,mine were so ugly I gave up.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 04:31:45 pm »
Great arrow, have fun on your next set with the heads and horn.  :)
       Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 06:29:33 pm »
Nice arrow Andy. My tie down fletchings look like you know what. Your look good to me.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Loki

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 07:42:07 pm »
Thanks lads,i shot this one earlier (when the rain finaly stopped) and it flew like a dream  :D,i'm eagerly awaiting the materials to make up the rest of the set.

Great arrow, have fun on your next set with the heads and horn

I will  ;D
I got these feathers from Lloyd last week sometime,but i had no Horn for the nocks or nasty spikey heads to put on them so i couldnt make any arrows,i was gutted  :(.
Searching through my gear today i found ONE single sliver of horn in the bottom of my tool box  :D and i had that head hanging around so i got stuck straight to it!
I really like the brown fletchings,looks just like Peacock  ;D.
Durham,England

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 12:50:13 am »
Loki, I have used rawhide for self nock reinforcements and they worked out very well. Dog chews are a good source. I don't know how traditional it is for you but Glenn St Charles wrote about it in "Billets to Bows".    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC