Author Topic: AWESOME  (Read 2989 times)

Offline crooketarrow

AWESOME
« on: November 06, 2011, 07:58:24 am »
  It's been a good week ever though I a little short on arrows now. I did'nt hit anything. TUE I missed a buck I call shorty. 3 1/2, 8 point. WED I missed 2 yes 2 different yotes. THUR let a 2 1/2 year old 8 walk. But FRI morning was the awesomest morning I've had sence 92 when 2 small 8's were fighting at 15 yards fro mmy blind and ended up with the one pushing the other into my honeysuckle bind 4 YARDS AWAY.
  FRI morning I got settled in my use'll and hour before first light. Was but 10 or 15 mins I heard a buck grunting and rubbing and he rubber another tree before first light. As it got light I could see a buck I call stupit. Because I saw him also most every day in the summer glassing. He was'nt really with a BAC GROUP but every where. I never seen a summer buck do this. They always have a set feeding patteren.
  He's a 2 1/2 , 8 I say a 110,115 and in the 40 mins. he was there I had plenty of shots. He made 4 SCRAPES and rubbed 2 more tree's. I can see why hunters hardly ever see mature bucks first. Now he's only 2 1/2 but stood rock still at every sound once for 12 min's. and he consently cheched the wind. Heres a little tip He payed exture atention to a bird that was scolding something a bit later a squrril barking maybe at the same thing same dirrection. He looked for 8 min's. the birds way.
   A bird also gave him away by scolding him when he was rubbing a tree. I learned long ago that when bucks exspecially while chaseing does birds love to scold bucks. There in there terrtory. A doe and a fawn came down my trail but saw the buck and circled him he taged a long.
  I've been and seen bucks rub trees and make scrapes but never had a buck in the area stay that long.
  AWESOME
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

FAW

Re: AWESOME
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 10:11:19 am »
Just a great example to show that the best lessons we learn as hunters are those that happen before our eyes. I have been a great believer as well in the sounds that birds make when excited by a passing animal, moose, bear or deer.