Author Topic: videos&books to make bows from staves  (Read 16503 times)

Offline bcbull

videos&books to make bows from staves
« on: July 18, 2007, 05:29:49 pm »
  i've made a few laminated bows and long bows  i'm looking for videos and books on  making long bows from staves, any recommendations ? also on tools i could use or need  I could also use info on stave suppliers  thanks

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: videos&books to make bows from staves
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 01:31:10 am »
Welcome BC.Check out our sponsors. There are a few stave sellers there. Dean Torges' book, "Hunting the Osage Bow" is an excellent book as is Paul Comstock's book, "The Bent Stick".  The Bowyers Bible1 is an excellent read and has lot of helpful info. The other 2 in theTBB series are excellent also but not a necessity.  For tools, a draw knife, good wood rasp and a cabinet scraper will get er done. There are lots more tools you could get, and will probably eventually get, but you don't need them.  ;D   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 03:50:48 pm »
If you can get a hold of the video Making a wood bow by Mark Keller i think you would like it.

FB
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:20:10 pm »
If I were just starting out I would order the complete set of TBB from Horsefeathers Ranch. They also have the other books Pat mentioned. http://www.horsefeathersranch.com/books.htm  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline bcbull

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 12:35:20 am »
 hey justin    i think i got you guys messed up haha  iv been makin bows on and off sience 1986  what i should a said  im im lookin for books and videos i dont have haha mainly collectors pieces  sorry i messed up  ???  i relley looking for  books like jay massy s book i dont have that one thought maybe i could get some info to get one  there was one on e bay sold for over 100 bucks and  i missed it   brock  :-[

Offline uwe

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 04:27:46 pm »
You tube???