Author Topic: Withdrawl knapping  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Withdrawl knapping
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »
Our archery deer season ended on11-12 an I'm eating tag soup an knapping to help with the withdrawl. I'm showing the A side an the UGLY SIDE :( Thanks for lookin  ;DBob

Offline TRACY

Re: Withdrawl knapping
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 09:58:15 pm »
Very nicely done! I could send you some peanut butter and bread to go with the tag soup ;) Hope you still get more opportunity to trade that tag for some venison loin. Just got some ht keokuk from Charlie and it works great. Good looking points

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:37:05 pm »
Nice points Bob.  Sorry about the soup, tag soup can be pretty thin.  :(  Good knapping though.  ;D
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »
tThose look good to me, Bob. Our season ends the last week end of January.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:40:40 pm »
Put that soup in the freezer, & come to TX. We still have another month & a half to hunt.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 11:53:14 pm »
WE still have a 2 week gun seasonan then a 2 week flintlock an archery season after xmas. But  the regular archery is done.  I had a beautiful 10pt in onthe next to last day but he just wouldn't present a good shot an i couldn't seal the deal. At one time he was 30" from the tree I was in. :(

Offline Tower

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 11:57:46 pm »
Is it against the law to hunt in General (gun) season?  Here you can bow hunt in gun season.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline seider

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06:10 am »
Those are some very nice points there.  Sorry t hear about your tag soup.  Our general season as been on from first weekend in november and i have not even been out yet.  I saw a nice big fat doe today out in the field coming home but i did not shoot her.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 12:28:36 am »
Tower, we can use bows during gun  season also. I actually killed a buck with a long bow on the 2nd day of rifle season a few yrs back. Remeber this is Penna. We got a hunter behind every tree an then some, everybody in Penna. hunts. At one time we had over a million man orange army.  ;D Just read you tutorial an can't wait to try a few things, answered alot of questions I had on finishing a point, Thanks you have a great gift of explaining things. later bob

Offline Tower

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 12:32:53 am »
Glad it was useful. Keep on hunting!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 07:24:14 am »
Very nice work Bob. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 02:17:40 pm »
That stinks about that buck...maybe u get him next time... its too bad u didnt have a claymore underneath that tree...lol  Nice looking points Bob!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 03:49:00 pm »
Dang nice points Bob! Don't worry about the tag soup, ha.. I've been eating that for several years now - it ain't too bad :D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

youngbowyer

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 09:04:48 pm »
I still have till February 18th >:D