Author Topic: NEED MORE ARROWS  (Read 1685 times)

Offline crooketarrow

NEED MORE ARROWS
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:42:08 am »
   I need more arrows I stared out with 5 hazzle shot arrows.
 Guess I should have gotten them blessed. I hunted 46 times since OCT. seen 27 bucks  10 shooters. Another 13 bucks glassing fields. 4 of those were mature bucks.
     I've seen two things that was totally awesome this season. First I had a 2 /12 year old 8 point mid 120's. That made 4 scraps 2 rubs  and stayed with in 15 to 30 yards of me for 40 min's. The longest I've ever been that close to a buck. Until last SUNDAY, I glass fields every SUNDAY as well as rainy days or times I can't hunt.
  SUNDAY I was counting turkeys crossing over into the field I was setting. When I saw a doe standing in the Conner of the next field (late pre-rut here then). After 10 min's. I saw a fork she jumped the fence and started feeding up a old fence line that was 20 yards in front running past me. He followed 9 point 5 1/2 mid 130's. Don't think Didn't think of my bow in the back.
  I'd just saw 2, 8's the day before and one buck with both antlers broke off he only had a 3 inch piece of right beam. The second 8 I saw was NICE (TALL BOY) 18 WIDE 26,27 INCH BEAMS AND HIGH. No shots40 yards.
  The 9 point which I'd loved to put and arrow in. Followed 20,25 yards behind the doe. I'm setting in plain sight. The fence row is thin and I can see through it anywhere. Once he even feeds on a brier patch on my side 40 yards. He's stare at me put kept following the doe. They fead up to 25 yards and bedded down. I'd already watched them for over 2 hours and had to leave.
   They were gone at the turn of the switch. Our rifle season started MONDAY. Did I SAY I'M STARTING TO HATE RIFLE SEASON. Not because I dislike rifles I have lots. It's the tresspassers.
  The only thing I've killed was a doe that had a growth on top of here head. Back to arrows I missed a buck I call SHORTY 8, low 120's. CENTERED the only sapling there. 1/2 INCH EITHER WAY I'D DOBBLED LUNGED HIM.
  Next I had 2 yotes come pass me a less than 20 yards. Missed both 4 more arrows LOSTED . Then last week I had another yote come by RUNNING My arrow hit him in the hind quarter. He started spinning breaking my arrow into. Hit the bone had a major blood trail. But he went into a sanitary I've set up for bucks and never-never go in it unless I tracking a buck. I'm sure he died.
  If you want mature bucks to stay on your property a January is a sure way of doing this. (cover food and water)
  That took care of my 5 hazzle arrows I'm stating to thing they were cursed anyway. I'm back to dog woods I have. I like dog wood much better anyway.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: NEED MORE ARROWS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:01:11 am »
Sounds like you are having an exciting season so far.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good