Author Topic: Stick-N-Strings Wins September/October Self Bows!  (Read 6399 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Stick-N-Strings Wins September/October Self Bows!
« on: November 16, 2011, 06:00:31 am »
Stick-N-Strings Wins September/October Self Bows!

Congratulations to "Stick-N-Strings" from Petersburg, IN for winning October/November Self BOM Contest!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,28222.0.html

Stick-N-Strings First little paddle bow

From Stick-N-Strings: "I love this short draw shooting! Didn't think I would at first but I liked the looks of these little bows so much I had to give it a whirl. 47.5" tip to tip 46" ntn. Mocassin backed Yew. 51# at 23". I built me a few stone head arrows and a few trade points to hunt with and I'm hoping she'll make some meat this fall."

Muy bonito arco!!  Here are some comments from forum members!
"barefootbowhunter- wow! that is a beautiful paddle bow, very very impressive. when i think of a perfect bow for hunting blacktails thats what i think of
4est Trekker- That's just great!  Excellent profile, tiller, and finish work, Kris!   
Del the cat- Yeah, I gotta try a shortie some time. Grat looking bow.
Del
blackhawk- Sweet lil meat making rig ....good luck with her....I always like a good shorty.
johnston- I have blown up every short bow attempted over 30#. Every time I get the lust cooled off another poster quality bow comes along. It is hunting season and ain't got time for this but mercy me that is sweet! Lane
Gus- Yes Sir, That is one fine looking little bow. Never knew Cotton Mouth skins could look so good...  -gus
Keenan- Kris that thing came out awesome. Love them little short bows, Yew did that one justice, very nice work Bro, now get out there and shoot something. That makes me even happier for YEW!!! LOL. Keenan
Elktracker- beautiful! Josh
MWirwicki- Nice looking shorty!  For some reason, I don't think of using yew wood.  I happen to have a piece that would be perfect for it.  Thanks for the inspiration! Matt
Pat B- Cool little bow Kris. I love those moccosin skins.  I guess you finally figured out when to stop? Pat B" 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:37:23 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Stick-N-Strings Wins September/October Self Bows!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 07:10:04 am »
Congrats,beautiful little bow.  :)
    Pappy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:37:48 pm by criveraville »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:55:28 am »
Congratulations  ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:38:35 pm by criveraville »
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 02:06:27 am »
Well done Kris. I have a similar stave from Keenan and now I have something to shoot for.  ;) That full draw pic says it all!  8)
  I'm sure glad your luck has changed. Looking at this finished bow with that full draw pic tells me all those other attempts were bad staves! .  ::)  Very nice bow, Kris and a well diserved win!  8)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:39:01 pm by criveraville »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:14:39 am »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:39:35 pm by criveraville »

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 12:24:36 am »
 Congratulations Kris, You did awesome with that little stave. I'm real happy for ya. Gotta love them shorties. ;)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 04:39:54 am »
Heck Yeah!

Fine Bow indeed!

Congrats!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 01:48:22 pm »
I really don't know what to say, still kinda shocked that I won  ;D

Thanks for all the compliments. Still trying to find time to make meat with this little dude. Maybe this evening. I put some game cams up behind the house and got pics of three different bucks and several does so maybe I can get my first primitive kill with ol' Patience.

Stiks
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 02:18:41 am »
Reworked Stik's magazine spread with some better pics.  Here's version 2.0, hope you like it Kris!

Offline criveraville

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 02:39:59 am »
Cam,

I'm speachless amigo! Awesome job. That spread is going to look amazing in PA magazine!

Folks in case y'all didn't know George  and Cam volunteered to help me out with BOM contest. George did the photos for the voting part and Cam is putting the winning collage pics together. It's a real team effort and I am so VERY grateful for the help!

Cipriano 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »
Cam that is awesome! Can't wait to see it in print and enjoy my 15 minutes of fame ;D
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 05:09:55 pm »
I expect an autograph copy when it comes out!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 05:42:03 pm »
Pat,

I stopped giving autographs back in my twenties >:D

Cipriano

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »
Mr C, Mr C...I think he meant our winner, SNS ...  :o :D

I'll take your autograph though... 8)
St Paul, TX