Author Topic: 1-800-HOW'S-MY-TILLER? *BROKE*  (Read 7643 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 1-800-HOW'S-MY-TILLER? *BROKE*
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 09:42:25 am »
It still shoots, it didnt take on any set or lose weight......................yet.............but we all know that the 7-8 squiggles will weaken that area shortly. I may shoot it until I feel its getting towards dangerous.

One more lesson I learned examining it last night. When I heat treated the belly it became concaved on that surface. I used an 80 grit sanding block and my scraper to smooth it all back out before I even started to bend the limbs. Guess what? That little area that is chrysaled is concave again. Somehow it came back after shooting several hundred arrows, or I missed flattening one little spot???? Just my findings that may help somebody down the road with a similar recipe.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline okie64

Re: 1-800-HOW'S-MY-TILLER? *BROKE*
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 11:45:14 am »
That sucks PD. I havent used ash in a long time. Only built two bows from it and one of em broke and the other one took a lot of set. Wasnt very imressed with it as bow wood.