Author Topic: Best Source For Kids Shafts  (Read 4071 times)

tradrick

Best Source For Kids Shafts
« on: July 22, 2007, 12:26:34 am »
What is the best source for kids arrow shafts spined in the 20 to 30#range and at least 26''long.Thanks tradrick

Offline sonny

Re: Best Source For Kids Shafts
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:16:25 am »
check the advertisers of PA.. only suggested as we'll get scolded if we post links to a vendor that's not...

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

tradrick

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 11:51:00 pm »
Thanks Persimmon I'll have a looks see.tradrick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:19:26 am »
Persimmon, You could e-mail the info to Tradrick!
   1/4" or 5/16" store bought dowels will make good shafts if you hand select them with good grain.
   Pat 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 12:05:55 pm »
All I use for my kids arrows are 5/16 dowells bought from any store that has craft supplies. The big Wmart has them.I have used several woor types and just culled out the bad ones.You can cut your own self nocks in them too. I recommend using a flu flu type feather,with bright colors. That makes easier to find and the kids love them. Plus you do not have as much invested if they do break them or lose them.
                                                             Good luck
                                                                        T.J.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!