Author Topic: hickory/stone  (Read 16230 times)

jamie

Re: hickory/stone
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 02:43:17 pm »
now do i have to go to therapy. lol. thanks.

steve the tips on this bow actually work quite a bit thats why i couldnt figure out how to get the weight down.

jd i think that if the handle bends and the woods drier than hell you can get away with a lot more than when ya use a stiff handle. plus every native bow ive seen hasnt played by the rules. peace

Offline Badger

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 05:16:27 pm »
Jamie, another way to look at it, if you were to draw the bow to 28" and it was 56# then you mass would be right there anyway. I haven't been talking about it a lot because it is comming out in tb4 but the chapter explains how tiller shape effects the mass as well. Your bow is really pretty close to right on. Steve

Offline Traxx

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 11:19:35 pm »
Jamie,
Thats cause they were playin by their own set a rules

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 01:12:27 am »
                               And their rules was life er death ! ;).......bob

jamie

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 08:06:26 am »
yeah its funny that when it really mattered they didnt follow the 2" wide narrow handle 68" long rule. wonder why nobody told em their bows were built wrong? ;D

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 02:08:28 pm »
Very nice, Jamie. I really like the truly primitive approach you use on the bows I have seen of yours. The tiller is beautiful. 

Best,  Bob Moon
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 02:18:14 pm »
You make some of the nicest bows Jamie - simple and elegant in design and perfectly tillered.
Gordon

jamie

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 05:38:15 pm »
thanks again. bob i havent forgotten either. just need 5 minutes to myself during daylite hours. peace

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 01:15:42 am »
Looking forward to it, Jamie. I have a peg all picked out!  :)
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.