Author Topic: Nov/Dec Issue - First Annual Bow Trade  (Read 10916 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Nov/Dec Issue - First Annual Bow Trade
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:10:03 am »
I just received my new issue of PA Magazine.  I can't wait to read Kay's article on bamboo arrows. 

I also enjoyed the article on the 1st Annual Primitive Archer Bow Trade (2011).  I don't want to miss out on the 2nd Annual.  Please make sure the postings are LOUD and CLEAR!  Sign me up!

By the way....Nice trade bow, Lee!

Matt
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Nov/Dec Issue - First Annual Bow Trade
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:18:43 am »
Got mine also,haven't read it all  but really enjoyed Micky's late season hunting
and tools of the trade, I like Micky's writing anyway and have missed it for sometime. Looking forward to reading the rest. From the looks of it their is a lot of good stuff in it. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:44:13 pm »
I went immediately to the article on the WaJam.  Sure enough, there's a couple pictures of my uncle, Myron Olson.  He's the guy in the funny hat and the beard that might just be a challenger to Pat B's.  It's good enough habitat that I think I saw a spruce grouse hiding in it at the family reunion this last summer. 

Those guys have too much fun, didja notice the line of stave clamps they had set up!  Production line bowyering classes!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 10:11:00 pm »
JW, I did notice and admired the stave clamp setup they had there.  Doing bowbuilding instruction at some of the shoots, I'm wondering how to come up with a portable setup, like that.  Sure beats a clamp-on bench vise on a picnic table!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 10:30:18 pm »
I just received my new issue of PA Magazine.  I can't wait to read Kay's article on bamboo arrows. 

I also enjoyed the article on the 1st Annual Primitive Archer Bow Trade (2011).  I don't want to miss out on the 2nd Annual.  Please make sure the postings are LOUD and CLEAR!  Sign me up!

By the way....Nice trade bow, Lee!

Matt

Thank you kind Sir, much appreciated~

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Bogaman

• steve white
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:53:11 pm »
Good to see Mickey back at it. Beginning to think him and his cycle had fallen off the edge of the earth or someting. Great magazine, wish it was monthly ;^)  Bogaman

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 01:19:30 am »
Still waiting for my mailman to finish reading mine so he can deliver it! ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mickey

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 08:10:40 pm »
Thanks Pappy, and Bogaman. Cycle is pretty much put away for the winter (although I rode last weekend)

From the looks of it, I will be hunting the Late Season again this year.  Letting those little ones put on a couple more pounds. Well, that is my excuse anyway. Wait much longer though and Dianne won't have a roast for Christmas again this year. She wouldn't be very happy if that happens.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:41:28 pm »
Hey Mickey. Glad to see you're still looking in.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 07:28:55 pm »
Hey Mickey.  Glad to see you still getting out there.  Have some fun my friend.  Did you ever get any points made of those slabs I sent you?