Author Topic: Charlottesville, VA?  (Read 10833 times)

Offline DSwankster

Charlottesville, VA?
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:43:04 am »
Any primitive archers in the area?  Anywhere to shoot here?

morag

Re: Charlottesville, VA?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:31:31 pm »
I shoot in scotsville occasionaly . Try the local Society for creative anachronism , on web, I know they have a charlottsville group . This is a great resourse for traditional archery . Also the U.V.A. archery club , the guy who runs it is great , but I do not know if you have to be involved with the school or not .

Offline Postman

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:44:28 am »
I Live in Mt. Jackson, about 1/2 hour North of Harrisonburg.  Have a buddy that got me started that does bowmaking, knapping, and braintan classes over the summer, if'n your interested.  My wife signed me up for his class a s a present, (she kinda regrets that now... basement is full of osage splits and staves, sawdust, shavings, ect. and the "honeydo" list has been severely compromised) ;D....
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Matt

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 05:27:18 pm »
I live In Ruckersville. I practice primitive skills. Brain tan, friction fire. Just getting in to primitive archery. Would like to visit with others in the area. I don't have email at home, here is my number 434-985- 1783

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 08:36:05 pm »
I live in Fredericksburg.  I also work in the archery shop at the Bass Pro in Ashland.  Have been doing traditional/primative for a few years and make my own things....

Offline KenH

• The Kilted Cook
    • The Kilted Cook Personal Chef
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 08:05:10 pm »
I may be moving to Charlottesville in a month or so.  Going there Jan 17-24 for a "working interview" as a Private Chef for a couple who own a 900 acre farm there.  I'm a gourmet Personal/Private Chef by profession, and the interview process here has been going on for about a month.  If we 'get along' then I'll be moving there probably by mid February...

If so, I'll be looking y'all up, for sure...
You Kill It - I Cook It!
Ken Hulme,
The Kilted Cook Personal Chef Service

Offline Postman

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 02:01:39 pm »
Good luck on the interview kilted chef!  - Charlottesville is a cool town! i'm aboout 90 minutes north on 81 in Mt. Jackson

don't make them a haggis for the interview ;D
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA