Author Topic: Canting a Selfbow  (Read 3234 times)

Offline MLombard

Canting a Selfbow
« on: December 17, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »
How many of you find that you have to Cant a Selfbow almost Horizontal to put the Arrows where ya want them to go.  Is this normal or just me?  Arrows too stiff?  Thanks for any input on this...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Canting a Selfbow
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 07:48:22 pm »
If your arrows are spined correctly for your bow and your draw you should not have to cant the bow. They should shoot well canted or not.  I generally cant my bow anyway but depending on the situation I can shoot with the bow vertical, horizontal or anywhere in between.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline MLombard

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »
So I'm a Left Hander and my arrows are hitting consistantly right I should go down in Spine maybe 5 to 10 pounds...they hit about 8" or so Right.

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 09:26:14 pm »
Tune a bow,
Arrow lands right arrow is under spined / aka to much draw weight for said arrow
Arrow lands left arrow is over spined / aka not enough draw weight for said arrow
Arrow nock lands lower raise bow string nock point
Arrow nock lands higher lower bow string nock point
Johnny
in Texas

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »
So with that said for left handed shooters this would be the opposite
Johnny
in Texas

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 09:51:23 pm »
  The more you cant your bow the more it effects left and right arrow flight. If you shoot straight up and down you have no left and right. The best way to truely test your arrow spine. After I fine out my arrows a true'ly spined by shooting them straight up and down.
      Then I convert to my cant. The only thing canting gives you a better sight window which is better when shooting instintive. But like I said after so much canting you start haveing left and right problems.
  STAIGHTER UP AND DOWN YOU SHOOT THE TIGHTER YOUR GROUPS WILL BE. This is why you see RICK WELLS as well as olympic shooters teach straight up and down shooting.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING