Author Topic: new arrow  (Read 5131 times)

Offline possum

new arrow
« on: July 24, 2007, 04:44:26 pm »
Well, I made a new arrow out of an unknown arrow material.  It was a bush I cut down about 10 years ago.  I had prestraightened the shafts before bundling and taping them together.  They are still pretty straight after all this time.  Here is a pic in a couple of stages.    I put some feathers on with sinew and wrapped on an arrowhead knapped from plate glass with sinew also.
head

fletching

We'll see how they fly after it dries and I figure out spine and stuff.  It may be to light a spine.

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

jamie

Re: new arrow
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 05:58:42 pm »
real nice job. the fletching and point are great. my only reccomendation is you wrap the shaft behind the point more. i wrap it about an inch back from the point just so it wont split.. peace

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 06:45:44 pm »
Nice Possum. I agree with Jamie about giving more support behind the point. Other than that, looks ready to go through a deers ribs! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:43:55 pm »
Nice looking arrow. I am usually the odd one of the bunch, but I think the wrap behind the head is fine.  ;D I have wrapped far less than that and shot them through something and never had the shaft split.  Not saying it would be a bad idea to wrap more. I just don't think it is required. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline PeteC

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:16:06 pm »
Nice arrow possom.It looks like privet.Was a smooth bark with ovate evergreen leaves?   God Bless,Pete C
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 05:51:19 am »
You odd Justin, nah thats just yer imagination ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 07:41:19 am »
Nice arrows possum,good work.Hope they fly good for you. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good