Author Topic: Non-Archery harvest.  (Read 4903 times)

Offline nclonghunter

Re: Non-Archery harvest.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »
Congrats on a unique trophy. I agree with Mullet, mount that buck on the wall.

I hunted 3 piebalds in WV several years back. I tried to get one with my bow and did get close a couple times. Found all 3 shot by a rifle hunter later in season. I let the word out if I found out who was responsible they would be mine, but I never did find out who shot them.

I guess the only "bad luck" is if you are born a piebald deer, since you sorta stand out from the rest..

There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Lemos

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 12:50:35 am »
I believe its a native thing that killing a "white" animal is bad medicine as they are spirit animals. That said, piebalds are a genetic defect according to the F&W guys here who confiscated a piebald from a family who had raised it from a fawn "Doe was car hit". A lot of backlash from public cause they were going to euthanize it since it was tamed and genetically inferior "something about shorter lower jaws and shorter front legs". I think its a wonderful opportunity you had to take such an animal and should be proud of a quick harvest and a special trophy

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 01:19:55 am »
JW, if thats the case, bad luck sure tasted good wrapped in bacon. :laugh: >:D :laugh: >:D
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 01:36:44 am »
Thanks for the comments everyone.  He will be going on the wall, the taxidermist said I should have him back by spring.  Cant wait.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 04:25:01 pm »
JW, if thats the case, bad luck sure tasted good wrapped in bacon. :laugh: >:D :laugh: >:D

Bacon is guaranteed to make everything better. 

"Even the sound of bacon frying is wonderful.  It sounds like applause!"   -Jim Gaffigan
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.