Author Topic: now this is just over doing it  (Read 4975 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
now this is just over doing it
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:27:32 am »
i was jsut looking on the bass pro website looking for a heavy scale( found a 440lb for 25 ;D) and one of the suggested products is a chronograph you can mount on you bow, to me this seems Way to ever the top, i mean really what use is it knowing what your exact speed was on a shot already passed, especially with you knowing about what you have as they usually seem to have it written on the package somewhere
i just don't get it :P
so...... what other archery related products out there are as outrageous as this or even more so?
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Keenan

Re: now this is just over doing it
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:35:18 am »
I saw a Hunting bow"  listed on Craigslist yesterday and the guy said he had it sighted in for 100, 75, and 50 yards. :o :o  Everything in me wanted to pretend to buy it just so I could tell him to his face that it's unethical to take those kind of hail marry shots. Guess he decided bow hunting is to hard. ::)

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:44:31 am »
I agree that having a chronograph attached to your bow is a little over the top but if you were selling chronographs and some dude came to you and said " hey man, can you put one of those on my bow?", would you turn him down?  Its just business, besides I bet the only ones buying them are the guys that have more moolah than they know what to do with.  Wish I had that problem ;D
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:05 am »
besides I bet the only ones buying them are the guys that have more moolah than they know what to do with. 
then let them buy me high quality Italian yew, ill tell them the sacrifice increases the speed of your arrows >:D

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:54:42 am »
actually i did just remember, my uncles brother was talking to me and he and my uncle are into hunting of every kind, but with bows that use training wheels :P, he said he had all the bells and whistles on his bow, but hoped to eventually switch to a recurve the possibly a longbow and kept saying how much more skill it requires, he really admired that i made my own too, i even got a small pair of antler out of it, but one thing from talking to him and my uncle that i learned is that some of the people using the "C" word bows do so mostly because they don't feel they have enough skill to use normal bows ::)

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:18 am »
I have noticed that its not as easy as a "C" bow, but I have been getting a little better with a recurve that I traded for.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 02:49:49 am »
I have noticed that its not as easy as a "C" bow, but I have been getting a little better with a recurve that I traded for.
your already probably better than me  ;)

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 02:53:11 am »
Didnt you say your from Tx?

Lt. General James Gavin

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 02:54:08 am »
Nevermind, just took a look at your profile, I get alot of people confused on here.  Sorry

Lt. General James Gavin

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 03:30:14 am »
I got my first C bow this year(free) and cant hit squat with it,,pick up my old hickory and target,target,target!!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 05:02:51 am »
I saw an arrow rest advertised that I thought was over the top.  It was magnetic and required special inserts.  When at full draw, your arrow was suspended in air by several different magnets with opposing forces.  So at full draw, the arrow was only touching the string and nothing else.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:30 am »
The only good to come from all that frivolous garbage is the jobs it creates. Somebody has to make it, pack it, transport it and sell it. That means people are working, hopefully half of it here in the USA. The sporting goods shop's would be hurting if everybody where like us tightwads making our own gear!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 12:20:55 pm »
HAHAHA, Well said PD!

Lt. General James Gavin

Offline Kpete

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 12:51:49 pm »
I met a guy last year who was working on a small transmitter to fit on your arrow.  Once an animal was hit you could use a receiver to track your game.  No Kidding!  I saw the transmitter.
This fall a guy showed up in camp with an electronic wind direction indicator.  He was pleased with it.  We all had threads on our bow limbs. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 05:38:05 pm »
The only good to come from all that frivolous garbage is the jobs it creates. Somebody has to make it, pack it, transport it and sell it. That means people are working, hopefully half of it here in the USA. The sporting goods shop's would be hurting if everybody where like us tightwads making our own gear!

Not to mention the jobs for the people that drive the garbage trucks and those that work at the landfill disposing of all of last year's models because you can't hunt this year with last year's model!  Ah, the American dream, buying better skills.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.