Author Topic: Some stuff from the road and living an alternative lifestyle  (Read 2395 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Some stuff from the road and living an alternative lifestyle
« on: December 07, 2011, 09:32:12 pm »
A few pictures from back in april on the road, hitched with a buddy from pa to texas and hopped to freight trains
Modern Day Tramp

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Some stuff from the road and living an alternative lifestyle
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »
a picture too of my best friend "packing" haha squirrel and hide and tail to a motel i had a month or so ago he dont look to thrilled there but he truly doesnt mind the packs and my van in the background i live in there and switch between sleeping on porches or fields and woods or motels just for the hell of it
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:48:59 am »
Looks like you are having quite an adventure. O to be young again. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 12:33:04 pm »
Looks like a good time.  I hitched all over the US in the late '80s/early '90s.  Had a great time.  Looks like you are too.  PA was the worst state for me to get a ride in and it's BIG.  Good luck out there and be safe.  Oh yea, I still haven't secured a squirrel in my new rat trap still tryin' though.  ;)  Happy Trails, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 11:29:39 pm »
very nice bowtarist, i bet it was a little easier back then and maybe safer. good luck with the rat trap peanut butter is probably the best bait for squirrels, i added a hole and tied string to it so i can either tie it onto a tree to catch one or tie it off to a tree when its set on the ground so it cant be drug away. good luck
Modern Day Tramp

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:16:34 am »
ht, I think the mice are getting @ the trap and setting it off w/o being caught.  I built me a box for it, but have one more trap I may try something else with.  By the way, in the '90s it "might" have been safer, but I was being told that samething by guys who were thumbin' in the 70s.  I always walk, I hardly ever sit and waited for a ride.  I'm gonna git there if I had to walk.  I pick up hikers today, but usually only if they are walking and thumbing.  I hitched all through Quebec up to Sept Tials(sp.) and back to Indiana and again all through Costa Rica in 1996 from one side to the other and back, North to South in a month.  Got robbed twice, once on each coast.  Once on the gulf side by knife point and once on Pacific side by a local while I was "preoccupied" by a lady in my buddy's cabina.  I ended up getting to know the guy who robbed me and getting all my stuff back that time.  ;D
Live Your Life Brother, CHEERS, and watch out for them local girls,  ;D dpgratz 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)