Author Topic: -- WANTED TEXJAM--  (Read 20638 times)

tradbowman

-- WANTED TEXJAM--
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:56:08 am »
CALLING ALL EXPERINCED BOWYERS AND WILLING WANNABE BOWYERS. LOOKING FOR ENTHUSIASTIC INDIVIDUALS MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN FOR A FUN PACKED WEEKEND SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF TEXAS TO SHARE THE TRAD AND PRIMITIVE CRAFT WITH FELLOW TEXANS AND WHOEVER WILL COME TO SHARE A STICKBOW WEEKEND. I THINK THIS COULD HAPPEN PEOPLE IF PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED WILL POST. I WOULDNT CALL MYSELF A BOWYER YET, BUT I WANNA BE AND THERE ARE MORE LIKE ME. LETS JUST SEE HOW MANT PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED, JUST POST. AFTER A COUNT THEN WE CAN COME UP WITH A TIME AND PLACE. LETS GET THIS DONE PEOPLE AND MEET ALL IN ONE PLACE IN THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS.  THANKS IN ADVANCE YUSEF!!! My email is yusefd72@hotmail.com or you can post on here. I know we have great 3D shoots in Texas, but lets get something primitive going in Texas. It could become an annual thing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: -- WANTED TEXJAM--
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:26:30 am »
TBM, If you organize it, they will come!!! ;)  I'll let you know after this weekend if it is worth the trouble. ;D ::)
    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:34:23 am »
Defiantly, I would love something like this. Where are you in Tejas?
       Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

tradbowman

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 01:56:44 am »
Hello 1/2 Primitive, I am down on the northwest side of Houston. Kinda close to Cypress or Tomball area. I would enjoy something like this for Texas Primitive archers to gather for a weekend or something like that. Hello Pat B, I dont know about me putting it on, but I,m willing to help anyway I can to get this thing to happen. I want to help and I know someone out there has some property or a place for us to gather( SOMEONE SPEAK UP). wHERE is the shoot you are talking about . I would even like if just a few people could get together somewhere and meet and build a bow, some arrows or even somone do some knapping. I am interested in it all. Take care.... Yusef

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 11:16:01 am »
If nobody is able to get a place that would be a little closer to our friends in Houston, I might be able to get a place up here, but it would be an extra hour drive for those in that direction.  :P
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Mike_A

• Mike Ailstock Gatesville, TX
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 02:08:02 pm »
I would love to help out with something like that. I'll be back in texas around February so anything I can do after that just let me know. Mike
Proud member of PETA ( People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Offline Mike W

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 11:38:28 pm »
I would like to see something in Texas. I am a novice bowyer in the north Texas area, and would be very interested in attending.
Mike W
McKinney, TX

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 01:40:36 pm »
Great Idea!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline neuse

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 02:24:41 pm »
I have no skills to offer, but I would defently be there. This would be great.
There is also a guy goes by bountyhunter on texasbowhunter.com that is heading in the same direction as he goes to ojam and wants one Texas.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 03:49:21 pm »
I was thinking of having a gathering at my house this summer in Victoria Tx I have 7 acres and was hoping to make a 25 target walking corse  in the woods behind my house and I have the knapping pit already started but not finished
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 06:37:53 pm »
This sounds very interesting guys! Keep it rolling. I have a possible place in North TX but would be a long drive for some, hmm. And no improvements and nothing set up as in targets etc, hmmmm..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 11:32:50 pm »
I would sure be interested,and willing to help with bowmaking, and other skills. I mentioned to George we should have a get-together with some in the area. Possibly even during cooler weather for a"primitive only", pighunt.I live in east Texas,and there are several Nat'l forests,as well as WMA's,(which does require a permit however),with camping areas,although no facilities.Someone else might have a much better idea.By the way,I don't know any of these other fellers,but that Paul Wolfe,AKA Cowboy,is one crackerjack flint knapper, ;). Looking forward to hearing something more. God Bless
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:43:11 pm by PeteC »
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:44 pm »
Well il keep y'all posted on a date once I figure out when I want to have my gathering it won't be a 3d shoot but itl still be fun I mainly want to get people together that are like minded so we can learn from each other and also try to get others interested in primitive skills  we can have more then one gathering ;)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 01:55:16 am »
Texas is so big there ought to be more than one of these.  I live in Dallas so, while I love to have people come over and build in the shop with me, I don't have a very good place to host a big group.  Like Pete, I'd be happy to help with bowmaking.  I could ask the landowner where I deer lease if I could host something out at the lease.  That's a long way from Houston though and over west of Dallas a couple hours.   On the plus side we could terrorize the pigs a little.  Not sure he'd go for it though.

Great idea.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline neuse

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 10:09:50 am »
Waco would be a good location from Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, from a lot places it would be a good central location.
What else can be done to move this idea forward.