Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

Almostpighunter wins November Backed BOM contest!!! Pics added

(1/3) > >>

criveraville:
Almostpighunter wins November Backed BOM contest!!! 

Congratulations to "Almostpighunter" from Las Vegas, NV for winning November Backed BOM Contest!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,29025

Almostpighunter’s Breakthrough BBI

Here's what Michael says about his BOM contribution, entry and win:  “This is a milestone bow for me as I finally was able to break the 170fps arrow speed (with my heavy arrows) that had been eluding me. I know this may not be much of a feat for many of the people on this forum, but for me it was a big deal!

The bow is a 64" (62"n2n) bamboo backed ipe 67#@28". I tried to keep the limbs as narrow as possible throughout the length of the bow and made the tips into knife edges on both the belly and back. The idea was to have the minimal tips slice through the air and the narrow limbs assist in doing the same. I ended up shooting my 515g arrow (total weight including 150g field tip) @ 174fps. Huzzah!!!”

Here are some of the comments from forum members:

Nice Bow! At that speed im sure its delivering the message with authority.. dbb

Super job, that is one slick shooter and I would not want to be in front of that arrow... coaster500

You just can't beat Ipe and 'boo... mullet

Oh man!  Me want, me want! JW_Halverson

This is a really nice bow! medicinewheel

Josh B:
Congratulations on your win!  It was a tough choice this month which was evidenced by the wide spread dispersal of votes. Great job by all!    Josh

Keenan:
Congratulations, that is a very impressive bow! Well done

Stiks-N-Strings:
Congrats on your BBI, well done

Pappy:
Nice job,congrats on the win. :)
   Pappy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version