Author Topic: Mark Anderson wins November Self bow of the month with Proud Daddy! Pics added  (Read 7509 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Mark Anderson wins November Self bow of the month with Proud Daddy!

Congratulations to "Caedmon Anderson via Mark Anderson” from Cabool, MO for winning October/November Self BOM Contest!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,28841

Mark Anderson’s Proud Daddy!

From Mark Anderson: "Here is what Mark and Caedmon had to say:  Well, I'm posting this for 
my son Caedmon, he just turned five. I'll give a bit of back story.  About two months ago my wife had to go visit her sister for a few days and took our four month old with her and I kept our oldest two with me at home. We were shopping one day and I saw in the bargain bin at Walmart, Robin Hood with Errol Flynn. It was $5 so I bought it and we went home and made some popcorn and watched. Caedmon was in awe of the bows on the movie and said "Daddy, I know what I want to be for Halloween." So the Robin Hood adventure began.

This is what Caedmon wanted me to tell you guys in his own words; "Hi guys. I want to show you my new English Longbow. I made most of it. Daddy helped me on some of it. I want to be Robin Hood for Halloween so I had to make a bow. I really like all your bows and the magazine and maybe you could show me more of them. My daddy makes bows too. I had to do a lot of tilling and lots and lots and alot of sanding. It has horn knocks and deer leather on the handle, and a skunk (Strunk) wrap. I wanted it to look like the bow on the bow book. 
I love all you guys. Love Caedmon"

Those are his words, and he did do most of the work. All I did was the bandsaw work and the horn knocks and handle. He did all the tillering and sanding, and I might add I am mighty proud!”

Here is what PA forum members had to say:

cool bow Caedmon, you da man.. bubby

Sweet! Ya did good buddy! I felt the same way about Robin hood when I was your age. Awesome job. Ifrit617

Well now, that my friend is how it's done!  Great job on the bow Caedmon, and great job Commadore on passing the love along! Talk a bout a lucky boy and a proud pappy! Stixman

Great, that's put a smile on my face.
Del the cat

that is so cool. what a great kid-and a lucky one to have a papa like you! sadiejane

BRAVO!!!  This post just made my day. Parnell

Excellent job! The photo of Caedmon tillering, where he is pointing out or marking the stiff spot, is priceless! As my wife, who is a kindergarten teacher, always says, "Kids learn more by doing than by filling out worksheets."
Two thumbs up!! Matt S.

Very cool!!! Good work Caedmon. Your bow looks great and it is well tillered. Your Dad has good right to be proud of you! Pat B

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:38:05 am by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Keenan

Congratulations young man. That is a great accomplishment and very nice bow.

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
Way to go little man!
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Congrats young man,nice bow and cool outfit. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

Congratulations Caedmon! :)
1’—>1’

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Well looky here! I am about as proud as a daddy could get. I've been running around telling every body! And Caedmon is as excited as all get out. He keeps asking me "When do you get the new magazine daddy?" "Which page do you think it will be on?"
Thanks for all the votes guys, this was one of the toughest groups of bows I've seen in a while.

Mark

Did I mention I am proud of him?
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline adb

A truly excellent choice everyone!! It's good to know our knowledge is being passed along. A very righteous and deserving winner!

Offline maddog314

Cademon, You make me proud to be your uncle.. Good job buddy!
Maddog

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Good for you, Caedmon!  We are all very proud.  Now you REALLY have something to "Root & Toot" about!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Caedmon and Mark, I have really enjoyed watching this thread.  Congratulations to both of you and Mark way to "pass it on."

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Yes Sir!   ;D

Good Looking Lad with a Fine looking Bow!
Not to mention a Great back story!
Very Well Done Mr. Anderson!

Best Wishes to you Young Master Caedmon!

May Your String Never Break!
And Your Arrows Fly True!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PeteC

Congratulations on your win Caedmon,you did an outstanding job.God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Will H

Congrats little guy!  :D
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
He will look good in a BOM hat, they need to still be Green to match his outfit. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline nativenoobowyer86

A great bow! and a great lookin little robin hood :D congratulations!
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"