Author Topic: Hello from Oregon  (Read 4508 times)

Offline bowsandroses

Hello from Oregon
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:07:36 pm »
I suppose I should of done this sooner but I'm still two months new on here. My name is Hugh Ridenour I'm from central Oregon, I lost my train'n Wheels the first time about 93' and the final time in 97'. I've shot and hunted with bows my whole life most of my family is archer's and I've converted most of them. My first year of hunting big game was 1981 and I've lived through alot of changes in the sport. I took a bow building class wjth John Strunk in 2001 learned alot from a good fella there. I've since built a few bows from black locust, hickory, osage, hard maple and juniper. :) I've blowed a few too :o never forget your first. :-[ Oh and I'm a humble green horn of all the above ;D
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Hello from Oregon
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:30:11 pm »
Welcome to Bedlam.  Lotta like minded bowyers and archers out your way. 

Here in the Black Hills it's almost all wheelie shooters.  Couple years back I went to a 3D shoot...500 wheelie bows and three of us shooting bows we had made!  All three of us finished in the tol 50% even though one guy dropped out after 45 of the 50 targets!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:13:46 am »
Welcome to PA. Where in central Oregon do you live. Keenan Howard lives in the Bend area and builds beautiful bows among other things.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:58:28 am »
Welcome to PA Hugh,  I was so excited I called Lulyn over to read your post,,,LOL  There are a bunch of great bowyers on this site and all are more then willing to help with your addiction :o ::),,,,,,,I mean hobby!  I'm glad to hear of another local bowyer. There are several around here in Central Oregon. Dave C. AKA "Juniper Junky" And John W. AKA "Blacktail" and several others.
 You are welcome around our fire anytime. Drop by and we can scrape some wood.

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 04:29:26 am »
Hey guys thanks for the replys kinda surprised to find out Keenans from Bend and there is several others from my direct area. I'm in Prineville 30 miles east of bend born and raised still here. I've always felt kind of alone here before, guess it shows I don't get out much unless it's out doors :o but in my favor guess I could say means I'm good at not being seen to >:D While I'm here might as well ask :-[ though sheepishly do we have any traditional/primitive archerie clubs in our little area might want to shoot something besides rats and stumps some day and maybe shoot some bull to I'm pretty handy with the latter :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:40:34 am by bowsandroses »

Hugh Ridenour

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:39:20 am »
There are several of us that get together for shoots now and then at Rendezvous and there is a very active group of Trad shooters that meet every Wednesday night at the range here in Bend.
 Blacktail is over in Prineville as well, He knows where I live, you two should hook up and come over this way. Or maybe we can pick a day and head out towards the desert and call some yoties

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 02:10:27 pm »
All the above sounds great to me Keenan can't wait to meet with you guys between now and then everyone on here have a great and safe holliday season. ;)

Hugh Ridenour

Offline Gordon

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 02:45:04 am »
Welcome to the site. I hope to meet you at the next Bowyer's Rendezvous in near Sisters. Keenan is one of the organizers. If you like primitive things and making bows it's the place to be. See you then.
Gordon

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:18:35 pm »
Gordan that sounds interesting would like to go to that. Do you have an idea of when it will be I deffinately want to go. It will be great to meet all of you guys. Thanks Hugh.

Hugh Ridenour

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 06:43:01 pm »
Hugh, Our Rendezvous is May 18-20 this next year. I'll be sure to get you some info

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 07:09:27 pm »
Thank you kindly Keenan my calender is marked. ;)

Hugh Ridenour

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 12:11:45 am »
Hugh, Our Rendezvous is May 18-20 this next year. I'll be sure to get you some info

Is that the big one that swaps beck and forth between Washington and Oregon each year?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.