Author Topic: ATLATAL specs  (Read 5804 times)

Offline bubby

ATLATAL specs
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:34:13 am »
I'm wanting to build an atlatal and need some demension's, anyone can help me out? Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bubby

Re: ATLATAL specs
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:43:27 am »
I found straight arrow's link, quite a few to choose from, anyone got a favorite style, Bub

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:03:53 pm »
I've built a bunch and have traded a couple to ken75 and Mwirwicki and criverville.  Also my christmas exchange gift was a hammer style atlatl.  Check out slinging.org's atlatl thread under other weapons. 45 pages of stick chuckers there.... My personal favorite is a simple hammer style atlatl or one with a subtle dart self that simply lines up the dart but does not hold it for you.... Ill attach a pic.This one is my favorite and was my Christmas gift. Hope my recipient likes it... If you need specs, I build most of mine to about the same dimensions. if you like it and would like one, maybe we can work out a trade.

Jon
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:07:18 pm by Ifrit617 »

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:04:01 am »
...and a fine atlatl it is.  Ifrit makes a nice atlatl and is a pleasure to trade with.  I'm working on some darts, now (amongst other things).  I am going to practice for the upcoming primitive shoots.  Someday, I'll be respectable at this atlatl thing. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:34:06 am »
I like the look's of that ifrit, i'll have to weight till after the holidays to talk a trade, i'm swamped right now, Bub

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:44:37 pm »
Sounds good bub.  Any time you want.

Jon

Offline swamp monkey

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 12:14:47 am »
A great place to find atlatl specs is http://www.thudscave.com/npaa/ .  you can find all kinds of styles and the directions are straight forward and complete. Each one has drawings to accompany the plans/directions.   If you are good with your hands this site will be a treat.

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 07:36:53 am »
thank's swamp monkey, i'm pretty good with my hands and i'm gonna make one, but i'll still trade with ifrit in a bit, i like seeing others work, and i hear he builds a nice atlatal, Bub