Author Topic: Latest Issue of PA  (Read 8687 times)

Offline bowbender68

Latest Issue of PA
« on: December 27, 2011, 11:10:50 pm »
For many years I had a subscription to PA, but never renewed due to the fact that with every issue there were fewer and fewer articles that seemed to spark my interest.  Today while at my local book store I picked up the most recent copy, and was shocked to see that the price was nearly $8.00!!!!  What the heck!!  Think PA and I will be parting ways.  Not worth the price for 2 or 3 semi interesting articles.  Sorry, but I had to vent.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Latest Issue of PA
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:43:34 pm »
Bowbender,
for one I am sorry that you don't like the articles.  I personally LOVE the article on the Selk'nam that is in the issue to come as well as am always intrigued by Steve Parkers extremely well written Medicine man.  Kay Koppedreyer has a GREAT article in the next issue about historical arrow points.  However please know that  you are free to submit articles as are all our readers.  We would love to know what you would rather be learning about or reading about other than what has been published. 
Also, I encourage you to write our editor.  If you don't like what is in the magazine then write the editor.  He has been begging for letters that will let him know what you think!
As far as the price, the magazine that you buy at the store is a lot more expensive than a subscription.  The price of that sends money to many other people than to the magazine where as a subscription supports the magazine.
It is those people that support the magazine that allow for this message board to exist for your pleasure and for you moment to vent.  So send a shout out of gratitude to those that actually support us as well as our awesome advertisers that have given you the opportunity/platform to learn, vent, discuss and to enjoy these message boards.
Happy New Year!
Calendargirl
 ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:51:20 am »
Would it be worth it if you could save 40%. Buy a subscription and save yourself 40% or $16 a year.

Like was mentioned. The editor can only print what he receives. Write and article that interests you. At least write a letter to the editor and tell him what kind of articles interest you.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline davkt

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:08:08 pm »
It was partly saving money that I let my subscription lapse but having come across the e-mag yesterday I've happily parted with $20 for a years worth of pdf mags.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:37 am »
Their are always a few articles I don't really get excited about but many more I really enjoy,It is well worth it to me ,and add the message board and I conceder it a real bargain.Never thought about buying it from a news stand, Much better to have it sent to my house.JMO. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline dmc

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:54:42 pm »
Hi calendar girl,
Are there any issues regarding shipping right now for the new issue? I haven't received April's issue yet, and I need my fix!! Haha
Great job on the magazine, and I look forward to each issue. I had ordered a three year subscription, so I would make sure I got the magazine in the mail, and didn't have to wait.
Thanks for checking for me.
Dave McTaggart
Birch Hills, SK. Canada
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 11:49:52 pm »
yes there is.  All magazines that went out of the country were delayed and not sent out until last week.  So we have been getting a lot of emails and questions from international/Canada subscribers.  If you don't get it soon then send me a pm or you can email me at calendargirl@primtiivearcher.com or Lisa at lisa@primitivearcher.com.

Thank you for asking so i can post this for all to see! 
 ;D

Thank you for your patience and your support!!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline dmc

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:30:07 am »
Sounds good, thanks for the update.
Dave
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!