Author Topic: Four-Foot, Five Color, Total Utility Arrows (And Better Luck Next Year Rabobank)  (Read 15538 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Very nice, Josh. Somehow I missed them earlier...and quite primitive...making due with what you have.  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
The first ones were nice but that last one is a beaut. :)Bet it did take some time.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

duffontap

Thanks Pat and Pappy. 

I liked this set of arrows because I broke out of my cresting and laquer-dipping routines which eat up a lot of time and keep me puting off my arrow building. 

J. D.

Offline chessieboy

any pics of the foot splice joint in progress.  If not how bout a footalong next time? :D

Bill

DBernier

Nice job JD. I like the color combo "out of necessity". I have thought of doing a "footing build along" and may do it as soon as my jig is sent back. No rush Cowboy. Got lots of projects going. Once again JD, outstanding.

Dick

jamie

those are friggin awesome. hincappies my rider. i used to race with him and occasionally armstrong in new york.actually beat hincapie a couple times but not often. to bad the whole team has been disbanded. i like the classics like paris roubaix. keep waitin for hincapie to take it but always a bridesmaid never the bride. peace

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Those are beautiful arrows, JD. I love the thought of "recycling" too. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

duffontap

any pics of the foot splice joint in progress.  If not how bout a footalong next time? :D

Bill

Perhaps Dick will do the foot-along?  I'm going to be doing a few more this weekend in prep for hunting season so I'll try to get some pictures.  They're not as hard as you'd think.

Jamie,
Did you really race skinny tires? 

Jawge,
Thanks a lot.  I was going to put an order into 3Rivers before hunting season and then I realized I could just piece together everything!  Nice.  Make do with what you've got.

J. D. Duff

jamie

jd i actually used tubulars too.  8)

duffontap

Quit dodging the question.

J. D.

jamie

yeah i raced for 10 yrs on the east coast coast. i knew and beat a lot of the guys who are now the kings of europe. still have my serotta with campy record and a lemond cyclo cross bike. also have a 1968 raleigh pro frame and fork with a full campy groupo and high flange wheel set. the frame needs to be refinished as one of my buddies put it under my grill when we were moving so i primered it to protect it. how bout you?

duffontap

That's pretty interesting Jamie.

I got into mtn. biking when I got married because of the weight I was gaining on apple pie.  I loved it and got into great shape.  The next year I started watching the Tour and just had to have road bike.  I usually ride for about four months during the spring and summer because I love the bike and to get into shape for the very competitive and strenuous Oregon elk season.  I typically ride a 30 mile loop through some nice deer and elk country and pass the time looking at the millions of bow staves I pass on the roadway.  I would race, but I like my ice cream too much. 

J. D.

jamie

jd racings fun and has all levels. when my kids get older id like to see them get involved then i'll start again. you should try it . it pushes your fitness to the next level. very healthy except when you get into the higher levels. beats on the lower back. especially when your trying to keep up with the fellas with the good meds :)

duffontap

jd racings fun and has all levels. when my kids get older id like to see them get involved then i'll start again. you should try it . it pushes your fitness to the next level. very healthy except when you get into the higher levels. beats on the lower back. especially when your trying to keep up with the fellas with the good meds :)

You aren't kidding about the meds.   :o  I may try it after all--not the meds--just the racing.

J. D.

jamie

even some beginning category riders use it. nothing like winning races while your hair falls out and your cajones shrivel up. BUT I WON! ;D