Author Topic: Recurve Form/Jig Build-a-long?  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Almostpighunter

Recurve Form/Jig Build-a-long?
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:35:07 am »
Has anyone posted a build a long on the forms for whatever kinds of curvature forms they use? I have an idea for a type of reflex/deflex/static reflex that I'd like to try (probably not nearly as original as I think it is), but I have never built a bow form/jig and would love to see how a form is put together rather than go cold turkey on it.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Recurve Form/Jig Build-a-long?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:53:19 pm »
I just built a reflex form.  I followed Gary Davis' design from his video.  It is just a basic form, nothing fancy.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bow101

Re: Recurve Form/Jig Build-a-long?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:33:01 am »

I will let you know soon hopefully in the next week I will build my first bow and form.
Hopefully won't be to much trial and error......lol..... but then agian that's how we learn the fine craft of building anything.

Has anyone posted a build a long on the forms for whatever kinds of curvature forms they use? I have an idea for a type of reflex/deflex/static reflex that I'd like to try (probably not nearly as original as I think it is), but I have never built a bow form/jig and would love to see how a form is put together rather than go cold turkey on it.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell