Author Topic: Building a caul/form for straightening and reflex?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Building a caul/form for straightening and reflex?
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:46 pm »
I was looking through my stash of yellar wood the other day and realized alot of what I have left is going to need some corrections in order to make them viable bow staves. With that in mind I need some guidance on how to build a caul. Is there a template that anyone has developed that might help?
 I'm a little slow on the up take and some of you might be thinking its no big deal, but when I get a brain lock I need some one to help me turn the light on. I would like to be able to make side to side, twist or reflex corrections on the same caul if possible.
  Osage outlaw sent me a dvd showing how to make the caul but I have been unable to make it work in my dvd and seem to have mis placed it as well since I last attempted to play it. Any help is much appreciated.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

blackhawk

Re: Building a caul/form for straightening and reflex?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »
http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/6220/t/How-To-Build-And-Use-A-Simple-Caul.html#.TwXX6om2U2Y

The mother of all mother threads for building n using a caul by ken villars :)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »
Thanks for the info blackhawk ...btw aside from cal.where dose one find 2x6 redwood????it seams to be on the endangered list. :(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:33:36 pm »
Inexpensive 2x6 lumber works just fine.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI