Author Topic: biscuits and gravy???  (Read 13824 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: biscuits and gravy???
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 11:56:33 pm »
I have to admit the image doesn't look that appetizing. Give it a try Dazv you wont be disappointed.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 12:08:02 am »
Come to the US, have a few+ stiff drinks, sleep where you can, get up and hit the local diner for some B&G.  Just kidding, sleep here and homemade is always better.  Come on DANG IT...it's 2012 and you all ain't got B&G in the UK!  >:D Sorry, I've just returned from a family get to gether, the PBRs may be talkin... :-* ??? :-[ ::)
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 12:49:27 am »
 I guess those yankee folks mix butter in their biscuit mix. Down here in the South you use Criscoe or Bear Lard.

Grits is Corn soaked in water ( hominy) till they puff up, then dried and ground real real fine. then boiled till firm and a little hot bacon grease poured on top.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 01:38:25 am »
o come one, are you trying to make me hungry ::)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:18 am »
I stopped at a place in Cary NC called biscuitville and had some biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs and bacon on the side.  Great stuff, wish it wasnt so far away.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 09:32:00 am »
Any Florida guys here remember the restruant in Gainesville called" Skeeter's Big Biscuit"? Biscuit and gravy with one big biscuit that covered the whole plate.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 11:16:31 am »
  Also my favoret here's what I do after makeing a big pan. I eat it the usell way. But the seconds O like to add cheese to mine. I'll eat warm ups all week long. I like to have a little SWEET BABY RAY BQ on the side to add a little to each bite.
  My granddad use to make corn meal biskets with his. I do this also some times but perfer butter milk biskets best.
 Beleive it or not wallmart has pepper or sausage grave in packs. I just add my own fried sausage. I loive the hot sausage you can also get from wallmart. It's not bad.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 11:53:53 am »
Buttermilk biscuits,hot pork sausage gravy(Lots of red pepper in it) eggs over easy and steaming hot coffee is food of the gods. You don't like that,you best check your man card. '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline cracker

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 12:36:14 pm »
Wow guys it's hard to believe that a humble plate of biscuits and grave with eggs on top and coffee and toast and jelly on the side annnnnn droolllllll mmmm oh yeah is getting so much press. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 01:46:42 pm »
Cathead biscuits and sausage gravy! Yum!!!   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 02:34:26 pm »
with one side of my family from arkansas(same family farm still owned by the orrs since mid 1800's),
biscuits and gravy was sunday breakfast almost always.
of course there was red eye gravy when ham was served. and chocolate gravy for the kids on special occasions(and sometimes "just cuz").
for my arkansas family, the meat was cooked previous and the "drippings" was used for the gravy.
the meat was removed from the cast iron skillet and served separate.
my grandmother always voiced her belief that meat in the gravy was a "yankee" thing and would never eat it served that way in a restaurant-
the worst possible condemnation of ideas, words or behavior coming from my grandmother,
who was a well educated and very proper southern woman(she was always called with respect "Miss Ellen"),
was when it was referred to as "yankee"

ok you guys, this thread forced me to make b and g for breakfast(yes, one sunny side up egg on top)
instead of my usual hot cereal(better for the body. b and g-now thats for the soul)

(sorry no offense meant-i only mention the yankee thing as i simply cant eat or talk about b and g without thinking about my grandmother and her quiet rantings...she was born in 1888 and tho she had no first hand experience with the civil war it was most assuredly a powerful part of her upbringing in the south in those times)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:16:29 pm by sadiejane »
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Dazv

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 03:05:00 pm »
man you guys really like it, i cant wait to try it. I sounds so good.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 04:00:53 pm »
Fried chicken with milk gravy ain't too shabby either!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 05:18:13 pm »
and a skillet full of cornbread is a meal! just add a glass of buttermilk to crumble it in
wild women don't get the blues

Offline cracker

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »
One night at the classic I'll make cube steak and onion gravy with mashed taters and bixcuits. Damn I'm getting hungry I'm gonna go home and practice. By the way white gravy didn't fly at my house growing up nothing against it I love it myself but Ma said white grave was for yankees and that gravy had to be brown hot and plenty of it. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?