Author Topic: English Warbow Forum is Back!  (Read 16933 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: English Warbow Forum is Back!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 09:59:46 pm »
  Thanks.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 10:07:30 pm »

the new site is only a www. away you are welcome to join and participate.
I have been there.  I am interested in all types of wood bows.  The problem is, my bows are the wrong type of wood and aren't welcome over there.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

DBernier

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 10:19:01 pm »
Sure hope this site does not go away. I have "really" enjoyed the one stop place to view a lot of stuff and gain some knowledge.

Dick

Offline ratty

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »

the new site is only a www. away you are welcome to join and participate.
I have been there.  I am interested in all types of wood bows.  The problem is, my bows are the wrong type of wood and aren't welcome over there.  Justin

funny you mention that :) thats one of the reasons i stopped participating here, was because laminated warbows are not seen as a warbows. ;)

the only wood not acceptable is bamboo because its a grass not a tree wood, and it was never used in bow manufacture in Europe at that time :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:23:55 pm by ratty »

Offline ratty

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 10:21:58 pm »
Sure hope this site does not go away. I have "really" enjoyed the one stop place to view a lot of stuff and gain some knowledge.

Dick

the new original site is only a www. away, you are welcome to join and participate. :)

duffontap

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 10:47:55 pm »
Ratty,

You were the one who originally told me about Nick's forum.  I appreciate that.  I have to say though, I'm surprised by your comment about hijacking English Warbow right after I explained how and why this forum got started.  Let me explain it another way:

This forum was started because of member requests after English Warbow sent out a mass-email saying there may or may not be a EnglishWarbow forum in the future.  The folks at Primitive Archer did this as a courtesy to warbow enthusiasts.  A bunch of us had hoped that the warbow community would be glad to participate in discussion no matter where that discussion took place.  Of course the same rules have to apply here as on the other PA forums but that shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Another thing--this is a totally free forum.  Why do people act like Primitive Archer is ripping them off?  It's not like it costs money to participate here. 

J. D.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 11:34:06 pm »
Ratty
I was the one that sent you the PM and I know for a fact that when I asked you I said PLEASE. I know this for a fact because that is standard practice for me and it was also made plain by the admins that I should be polite about it. I did not do it out of hostility but because it is policy. Now I don't know how you can read hostility out of a please but I guess you are free to do so if you want to.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com