Author Topic: 2 months and counting !!  (Read 9615 times)

Offline sonny

2 months and counting !!
« on: August 02, 2007, 01:31:34 pm »
archery season for deer and turkeys starts on Oct 6th.
there's an early urban archery season that begins the middle of Sept but it's so danged hot that you're not likely gonna find me in the woods,, unless we get a cool streak.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 2 months and counting !!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:54:13 pm »
The opening for GA where I do most of my hunting is September 8. I'll be there with bells on! ;D I hope I don't scare all the deer away! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »
Sept. 15th for us in Wisconsin.

I'll be out there somewhere.  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:33:29 pm »
Oct 1st in Michigan, this will be my first year huntin with a selfbow and a self arra ;D ;D ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

jamie

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 10:32:23 am »
9/15 and my mouth is already watering like pavlovs dog. peace

Offline shaun748

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 10:54:15 pm »
As much as I hate California I gotta say the hunting season is nice...

Archery season start July 14th for deer and Bear opens Sept 18th( it is hot at times though)..

You can jump around the nearby zones and hunt almost straight thru from July-to- December, without driving much more than 100 miles.
And there is a suprising amount of public land, the deer may be scrawny at times, but hunting is hunting..

Another advantage to hunting in the liberal/city slicker Southern California area is the low hunter numbers compared to where I grew up, so even opening day is nice...Of course out here kids don't get a school vacation day for opening day deer season. 

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:11:45 pm »

Sept. 22 in Tn., and I've been seeing a lot of deer. A late freeze this spring pretty much killed all the mast crop. What few acorns that might have survived are already under attack from the squirrels. Looks like foodplots are the ticket for this year!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline butch

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 12:13:19 am »
october 1 in okla. late freeze killed most mast here too.  im already clearing trails to my stands(leaf blower). anybody around okla .want to swap hunts , say room board and directions to where that big one is tied to a tree.. n.e. okla i know pretty well..

tradrick

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 06:35:34 pm »
Oct.13 here in Bama I do believe.I'll probably start scouting around at the end of Sept.I mostly hunt WMA and National Forest lands(public hunting)but if you get far enough back theres good hunting to be had.And I like the challenge,one of the WMA's I hunt is 51,000 acres,ain't no fences around here no sir.My first bow kill was on this land.Arrowed a doe from 8yds.away on the ground.To bad it was'nt with a bare bow.That was my wheelie days.Everyone have a safe huntin season and good luck.Oh and please,please,please if you do hunt from a tree stand wear a harness,vest or something for safety.It breaks my heart to here of guys falling to their death or being paralized for the rest of their days.tradrick

Stumpshooter

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:11:14 pm »
We get to start Sept 1st in Kentucky and my neck is already swelled.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 02:36:27 pm »
Oh and please,please,please if you do hunt from a tree stand wear a harness,vest or something for safety.It breaks my heart to here of guys falling to their death or being paralized for the rest of their days.tradrick

I know a someone that played football in highschool, and was a big stocky guy. Fell asleep in the stand probably 10 years ago and fell around 20' to the ground. His right arm is now shriveled and useless. He hunts with a crossbow...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:21 pm »
   Sept. 15 for us.And hunting will be so much better if we can get a hurricane or two by then.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?