Author Topic: Bamboo "pocket" flute for trade  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Ifrit617

Bamboo "pocket" flute for trade
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:56:15 pm »
Hi everyone,

I started making these recently and I must say they are fun and addictive. This particular one is a six finger flute that measures about 10.5 inches from end to end and produces a beautiful pitch. It is finished with two coats of poly and is a fun little instrument. These are great for the trail, since they weigh almost nothing, sound great, and are truly primitive..
This is a side blown flute so It will take a little practice and playing around with your blowing technique to get a good tone, but once you do these are a breeze to play... To trade I am looking for 1/2 dozen good ceder arrow shafts spined as close to 40-45# as possible or rawhide backing strips. I am always open to other things as well just shoot me  pm... Thanks.

Jon

P.S. There is a thread in the campfire section of this forum describing how I make these flutes if you are curious.

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Bamboo "pocket" flute for trade
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 06:00:53 pm »
PM Sent
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Ifrit617

Re: Bamboo "pocket" flute for trade
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »
This flute has been traded...  ;D I will be making more and will put them on the trading post soon. Let me know if your interested. Thanks for looking.

Jon