Author Topic: Need Help Posting Pics?  (Read 5171 times)

tradrick

Need Help Posting Pics?
« on: August 02, 2007, 08:20:19 pm »
I've tried posting pics from my computer.Selecting them from my pics on my computer when I hit the browse button.But weather I attach 1 pic or 6 it tells me my files to big.Does this mean I need to resize my pics and if so how do you do that.I'm not a computer wizz so please go slow.Thanks tradrick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Need Help Posting Pics?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:35:10 am »
Tradrick. It took me two years so take it for what its worth...You should be able to resize your pics at your camera by choosing the lowest quality setting which should give you pics of 640x480. If you are using a photo program, you should be able to resize there too. you want your pics to be 640x480 and no more than 200 thingys. ???   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:30:44 am »
Most photo software that comes with computers or cameras has options that allow you to resize pics and let you choose what quality or resolution to save it at. I usually take big high resolution pics and save a resized, lower-res version for posting. If your photo software has a crop feature, you can resize your pic, then crop out a lot of background clutter to cut down on file size, also. Most pics have a lot of empty space around the subject that is just taking up kilobytes.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

duffontap

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 11:58:54 am »
Mac users with iPhoto can find resizing tricky at times.  It's not bad.  Maybe this will help someone:

(Mac only)
1.  Export photos to desktop.
2.  Double-click photo icon on desktop--this will open it with 'Preview.' 
3.  Go to File and click 'Save As'.  This opens a window that will alow you to lower resolution. 

Otherwise--upload photos onto photobucket and avoid the problem. 

Offline Heiner

• Franco Flemish Contingent
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 12:01:14 pm »
tradrick, which operating system are you running (mac-os/windows)?
Institio regressum significat.

tradrick

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 09:27:50 pm »
windows

Offline Heiner

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 03:52:50 am »
Alright, Windows it is. You can use a tiny little toy from Microsoft to resize your pics in a sec then. It is very simple, you'll see.

With Microsoft Image Resizer Power toy, you can resize your images with a right click. First download Microsoft Image Resizer Power toy here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

After downloading and installing Microsoft Image Resizer, “Resize Pictures” context menu will add to right click menu.
When you right-click on images, you can see “Resize Pictures” context menu. Just select the appropriate dimension you want and click OK. To see more options click on Advanced button. You can use custom dimensions as well and will have to do so, since PA restricts to 600x400. So select "Advanced" and then "custom" and enter "600" as image width. Hit okay and the pics will be shrunk and saved as copies of the originals (by default).

Give it a shot, it's easy.

Sincerely,
Heiner

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 08:18:25 am »
Just click additional options, browse. Then right click on the picture you want, scroll down to "edit" this will bring you to a paint screen. Then click on "Image" at the top of the screen, and scroll down to stretch/skew then type in (example) 50% x 50% or smaller if need be to fit the site you working with. Click OK. your picture should be half its original size. click save as (make up a name or just add the word small to the original j peg #. or if you dont care to keep a large copy just click save instead of save as. ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

tradrick

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 02:02:55 am »
pic test

[attachment deleted by admin]

tradrick

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 02:18:25 am »
Thanks a million Heiner the link to the software and your instructions worked great.tradrick

Offline Heiner

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 02:32:29 am »
I'm glad I could help :).