Author Topic: My first bow  (Read 2961 times)

Offline maitus

My first bow
« on: January 20, 2012, 06:47:11 pm »
Hi !

Here is my first bow . Made from juniper. In my country grow junipers like bushes and takes time to find sam thicker one. Bow is covered  with 3 liers of sinew and birchbark. This tone of colour i got boiling stain from onion peels. This bow was ment to be with straigt limbs and recurve tips but i didn’t have patience to wait the bow drys and i pulled it owrer and got diflex/reflex bow  :). Next time i will be smarter. Nevertheless it seems to be a good bow. The bow is 149 cm-58’’ and draw feels to be same 35 kg- 77 # @ 28’’ so i need extra trainig to shoot  this bow accurately  :D. I hav not shoot this bow in outdoors jet because its rainig ewery day and my bow was not varnished. I shot one book indoors and arrow was broken into three  pieces. I saw  the arrow hit the book ander the angle. Probably theese arrows i bought have too weak spine for this bow. Arrow point was turned to right . There is no proper string as well. I made an order and get righy string next week. By making this bow i made lots of mistakes and i got a good experience.

I started to make two more bows. By both bows i will use sinew as well. I’m in love with sinew  :D

I work with asiatic bow as well but obviosly this will be finished after some eight month.

Offline Bevan R.

Re: My first bow
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 06:51:36 pm »
Wow!! What a beautiful bow!  8)   Love that bark backing.
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your future work
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline maitus

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:18:12 pm »
Thank you ! I hope you will see them more  :)

Offline maitus

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:29:09 pm »
Sorry!