Author Topic: First Selfbow  (Read 10270 times)

tradrick

First Selfbow
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:41:44 pm »
Lets see if I can gett'em to post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tradrick

Re: First Selfbow
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:52:56 pm »
hope this is right.

tradrick

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 08:54:25 pm »
trying to make'em bigger.

tradrick

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 08:56:34 pm »
I think I got it.

tradrick

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 08:59:46 pm »
some more.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 09:15:13 pm »
Well... from what I can see it looks really nice, especially the full draw pic.  ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

tradrick

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 09:26:12 pm »
What can I say I tried.Sorry for the small pics.I downloaded to photobucket to resize and this is suppose to be 640x480.But they still look small to me.Plus I'm a lousy photgragher.But here it is my first osage selfbow.This is the bow I bought and started at Pappy's Tenn.Classic from a gentleman named Gary Davis who seemed to know alot abought selfbows.I can't take credit for the hard work of roughing it out from stave form,following the growth ring right.But I did tiller it,finish it and from advice on this site used the Ferrit's Floppy Arra Rest(that I like alot).I also had inquired abought handshock with this bow.And PatB recommended thicker tips.So I made a set of maple limb tip overlays for it.Another first,some could say they don't really match the bow and I might agree,its just what I had on hand.And I don't think the deer will mind.And yes it did reduce handshock.Its 67''ntn 53#@28''and shoots pretty decent.It still has a little kick to it so maybe I'll look closer at the tiller again.Thanks for everyone's help with my many questions.And yes I'm hooked and will be starting another one soon.tradrick

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 09:28:50 pm »
Nice bow. Tiller looks excellent. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 09:34:49 pm »
Nice bow, Tradrick. ;D Your tiller looks excellent. I can't see how thick the tips are but you might be able to take a little more of the width to reduce tip weight and reduce more of the shock. Heavier arrows help also.
   You can be proud of this fine looking bow! ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 09:49:06 pm »
Great job man!.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 09:49:59 pm »
The bow looks great to me.  I often make the limb tips clash with a bow on purpose. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

tradrick

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 10:24:17 pm »
trying again

tradrick

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 10:32:32 pm »
Oh well I suck at this.Thanks for the nice comments guys.Reduceing limb width,have'nt thiught of that.I'll also go weigh my arrows.tradrick

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 12:05:56 am »
If your camera came with software, it usually has photo editing software that is fairly easy to use.  Those pictures are 50X150.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 08:22:35 am »
nice job on that one.  :) See my post on your other trouble posting pictures thread.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....